The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 7:59:45 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Things are a complete mess if you haven't noticed. And this is worse than all the wacky hackers who we tried blocking with a WAF spell that ended up excluding everything above a certain latitude...by Canada, by Iceland, Finland, Norway, Sweden...we miss you!

I had been working on migrating the site and the forums to Wizard Press or whatever it's called and got the forum migrated and was just working on formatting for the main site when Cloudpacolypse occurred.

T-A-G owns something called a cloud, but is really just 4 (sic) servers running something called VMWare that are clustered together, I don't know, I guess these servants all hug each other or something.

Anyway, apparently the people hosting/managing these "servers" went bankrupt with little to know warning, and now the servers are trapped in a dungeon with a dungeon master that is senile/confused and isn't really wanting to let them go...or something....

Anway, T-A-G has spent the last 6 weeks scrambling to get his "clients" (what is he a prostitute?) off of these servers, (this is really sounding kinky) and did that and has now been trying move the site.

He's moved it, but there are all sorts of wacky complications from the move and problems with Ips or something and so it's all wacky and he's scrambled his WP site somehow and so we are all still on the old site, but it's hit or miss as he tries to make it work semi-correctly.

It's all very frustrating...sorry for the inconvenience, it's all T-A-G's fault, not mine!

Tizzy
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 12:04:49 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Well, the spell interference seems to have cleared a bit for me, at least. I can punch through a message now. But sometimes the link drops without warning.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Mikey  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 9:30:54 AM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
I've been able to connect to both the site and the forum now for two days straight, from Northern Europe. Great!

It might take a while for the people who got a network error trying to access the site for weeks and months, to come back.

Is Nobis / Ubiquity now a more permanent home?

Edited by user Thursday, August 13, 2020 9:34:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 12:41:17 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
United States

Been able to access the site for a week now with no issues. Maybe the counter-spells have stabilized the connection to the Abyss?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Fool  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 6:32:07 AM(UTC)
Fool

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

... *looks around* ... well it seems the portal is back, and there is life again in this little pocket dimension.

Hooo-weee was it worrisome when I couldn't find my way back to my favorite forum.

Hope everyone is staying safe with this darn pan-planer-plague !

... Yes I'm a wee bit foolish but thats no reason, to not treat me like one...

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 1:29:16 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

United States

Plague? Like the Black Colonic Plague of 1124? That one decimated six fractals before a cure was discovered. Is your plane experiencing some kind of sickness?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Fool  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:07:32 PM(UTC)
Fool

Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post
Plague? Like the Black Colonic Plague of 1124? That one decimated six fractals before a cure was discovered. Is your plane experiencing some kind of sickness?

Just some minor thing the hedge wizards are calling crone-in-a-visus XIX, or something.

Tho it seems the portal reopening might have set off some lightning storms in my area, as the local hillside behind my residence is now a 10,000 acre inferno. Huh!

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:43:56 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

United States

Sounds like it's time for marshmallows!

Does this crone-virus turn beings into ancient females?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Fool  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 3:47:41 AM(UTC)
Fool

I would go roast some flufy marshmallows, if this blasted inferno hadn't drastically expanded to 46,000 acres. You'd think someone is trying to open a gateway to the abyss, or something! I'm instead trying to figure out which costumes, joke gages and, rubber chickens I should pack before the keep burns down.

And as to the Plague crone-in-a-visus XIX it seems its called such for aging random parts of the body to that of a hags, quite troublesome. Tho I wouldn't know as I've been in doors practicing spell casting, in the python tongue.

[IRL: the CZU Lightning Complex fires are burning out in the hills out side my residence, and this forum helping to keep me from panicking. So glad this is back!]

Offline Tizzy  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2020 5:50:27 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

The attackers that had besieged us were defeated by the virus.

No they were not turned into old women, they ended up urinating Corona beer non-stop until they dehydrated and withered away.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2020 9:11:55 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

United States

"urinating Corona beer"? I always thought those two were the same thing. Was I mistaken?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Fool  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2020 3:28:58 AM(UTC)
Fool

Ha ha ha, that would explain all the dead husks laying around. I just thought thats some kind of blood drinking fiend had come through. Happens quite commonly due to the sheer
numbers of lawyers living in my area.

Offline Tizzy  
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 9:46:56 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Gel,

You are confusing that with the "other" beer on your planet. The one processed in the bladders of Clydesdales'.

Beautiful horses, who knew they could be put to such use?

And by use, I mean making someone lots of money, and not producing a drinkable beverage.

Lawyers, Fool? I pity you, you should have a party and invite the D'Orks, there wouldn't be too many lawyers left your areas.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 11:54:03 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

United States

No no. Everyone knows that Clydesdale piss is drank because Clydesdales are awesome. But the other? I mean, what is a corona, and is its piss safe to drink? Who knows?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 2:06:29 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
damn, Aethernet Shenanigans is always the most aggravating, i hope it gets sorted out in a reasonable frame of time.