The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bradyman  
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 3:10:38 AM(UTC)
Bradyman

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Wow, I am really glad that Tizzy was lying about killing his accursed master on the ship. I do not like the imagery of Tizzy raping someone 69 times.
Offline Tizzy  
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 3:37:02 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Well...I'm not saying that I didn't...it's really just a question of when I did that....
Offline Tizzy  
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 3:43:29 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I was, however, lying to Jenn about liking to eat babies.

I don't like eating babies.

They are too mushy for my taste, kind of like a marshmallow with crunchy bits...
Offline Korwin  
#24 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 11:41:04 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
However, as a Fiend, such things are beyond my powers.

Who is actually still fooled by this lie?
You are an founding member of the Tartdingsbums (spelling?).
You can't be a simple Fiend.
Maybe Arch-Fiend, Fiendgod, Arch-Fiendgod, or something similiar.

Offline Lunarmage  
#25 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 5:04:26 PM(UTC)
Lunarmage

Tartarvardenennead (could they come up with a more complicated name?)

Anyway, I don't think any of the readers are fooled by Tizzy. He is certainly more than just a simple Fiend. I keep getting the feeling that age is one part of a Demons power base. The older a Demon becomes, the more power they can access. Given what everyone in Doom has said, Tizzy has been there for several Arch-Demon arrivals. Arg-nargoloth is something like 20,000 years old and he remembers Tizzy. Both Ramses and Exedor recall meeting him (I couldn't point to chapter and page number to verify this, but I do seem to remember it being mentioned). If that is the case, Tizzy certainly has the age to be at least a Greater Demon. Though, my hypothesis is the Concordonax.
Offline Tizzy  
#26 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 5:29:22 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

There people go again!

Why do people keep confusing me with the Concordenax? any time we're in the same room together, it's blatantly obvious we look nothing alike.

I have nice, young, supple, greenish-yellow scales, the Concordenax has a brown leathery hide and unlike super helpful me, is a trouble maker that no one has seen in a very long time! Including me!

I am forthright and forthcoming, and am always around to be helpful, while the Concordenax likes to play hard to get, and hide and seek and is very, very good at it.

That's one reason I call the Concordenax a trouble maker, never around when needed! Makes my life very difficult!

Offline Lunarmage  
#27 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 6:18:11 PM(UTC)
Lunarmage

I notice Tizzy, that you do nothing to say anything about the other accusations against your proclamations of your Demon kind.
Offline Tizzy  
#28 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 6:57:18 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well that's because they were overwhelmed by the preposterousness of the Concordenax thing.

However, I am very fiendish, but only fiendish. And yes, my teeth are a bit long, but maybe some of us just don't want to learn from our years of experience and want to stay we are.

The simple thing is, "with great power comes great responsibility" and since I vehemently don't want any responsibility, I therefore do not want any great power, medium power or small power. Also, absolute power corrupts absolutely, so therefore, in order to stay pure, I must not accept any power.

I am but a simple observer of the universe, just like my old friend Nathan Brazil, we just like to sit around watching the worlds go by.
Offline Bradyman  
#29 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 9:48:37 PM(UTC)
Bradyman

At this point, I have two theories.
1) Tizzy is the oldest demon, and where the legends of the concordenax come from. I doubt he was ever mortal. He was probably from some ancient race, possibly from before the current generation of gods. He probably annoyed the wrong person, and was cast into the abyss. He then spent millennia just doing his Tizzy thing, as other demons were created, and has forgotten his origins hundreds of times over. Any legend of the concordenax as some super powerful demon were either strait up lies, or someone trying to use the legend to gain fame. Any one doing that would have been quickly defeated and eaten, thus the concordenax has disappeared.
2) Tizzy actually was the concordenax, but he made himself forget for some reason, sealing any memories and power into the form of a fiend, probably for the exact reasons Tizzy just gave.
Offline Tizzy  
#30 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 10:12:17 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Again, I think I'd know if I was that leathery trouble maker...

But more importantly, you can ask people who've seen me and the Concordenax together in the same room.

I would, of course say, Orcus, but his memory is even worse than mine at the moment.

Shhh Arg-nargoloth! He's definitely been in the same room, as has Darg Krallnom and so many more.

Also, you mentioned gods before current gods--did I mention them in a spoiler? Don't recall now, that's a slight problem with my pipe, it does tend to cause a bit of forgetfulness. Anyway, that, of course, gets to the heart of the issue, now doesn't? That's what caused this entire mess! Or at least half, or a third, or maybe a quarter, but that is what caused a lot of problems that eventually led us to where we are now. That previous generation of gods, or rather the previous previous gods--or maybe they are the previous previous previous previous previous previous previous gods.

The most recent previous generation is, of course, safely locked away in Tartarus holding up planets, getting their livers plucked out repeatedly, etc etc.
Offline Bradyman  
#31 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 10:22:29 PM(UTC)
Bradyman

Previous generations were mentioned by phaestus in a book, and this non-answer makes me feel like something I said got close.
Offline Tizzy  
#32 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 11:38:30 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Close? Yes, if you mean close in Gormegast Galactic Units, you are within a GLY.

Which is pretty close in terms of ӔV travel times....

Dancing
Offline Bradyman  
#33 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 11:55:42 PM(UTC)
Bradyman

Well I was pretty vague. So however close that is, is close enough.
How long is a standard Gormegast year? Depending on how long it is, a standard GLY ( is that galactic light year or gormegast light year) could be pretty close. Also, depending on the laws of that universe, the speed of light could be very different.
Light years aren't a very useful unit in the multiverse. You would have to find some sort of multiverse constant to base your measurements off of.

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2019 11:56:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 2:01:44 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Ooh, there is excruciating detail in OOA on this very issue, both in the appendix and in discussions, and in book 4 where they cross over.

The key to keep in mind however, and I admit this was confusing, I said Gormegast Galactic Light Year meaning the localverse, we call the localverse Gormegast, which, of course is kind of dumb, because we also refer to the Visteroth localverse, and they are both the same localverse, just different galaxies, millions and millions of "Earth" light years apart.

And it's also wrong because the Galactic Year and the Galactic Light Year was defined by, us, the Doompire and we use it pretty consistently everywhere where we had space empires, although you are correct in that the speed of light can be different, the GY (pronouced Geee) is not. But the speed of light is completely wacky in many places.

Anyway Gormegast is the "home planet"/capital of the Gormegast Horde Eternal which controls the Antilles Cluster. In the cluster time is measured either in planetary terms or galactic terms. Obviously planetary times change from planet to planet, however the Galactic Units are consistent and independent of planet.

A GY is basically 2.5 Astlan/CoC years or 2.85 Earth Years

The speed of light is pretty close in both Gormegast and Earth, we only have theoretical measurements for the Abyss, and we're not even sure that's accurate, as for Astlan, there are some big error bars on the measurements due to the very different physics.

But coming down to it 1 GLY=1.143859649 Earth parsecs or 1 GLY=2.693e13 Earth km

Offline Bradyman  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 2:43:04 AM(UTC)
Bradyman

Well you have obviously got this all figured out.

"Fast Ship? You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?"
"Should I have?"
"It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 10.4907975471 Galactic Light Years."
Offline The Author Guy  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:05:44 AM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Yeah, squirm as much as they want, that was really a flub in the original movie.

They had to do a lot of head scratching to come up with a scientifically correct interpretation in "Solo: A Star Wars Story" and I admit, the way they justify the expression there is correct...but it was a flub in the original movie.

Offline Bradyman  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 9:41:43 PM(UTC)
Bradyman

So, another question about Shamans. They are able to contact the spirits of their ancestors. From what I can tell, these ancestors are like anyone else who dies without a deity, in that their animus just kind of dissipates into the world. This seems very similar to how dying permanently in the abyss is described. Would a powerful enough shaman be able to summon the spirits of fallen D'orcs from Doom? Obviously they couldn't be revived, but they could be useful for advice or for their skills, much like any ancestral spirit.
Offline The Author Guy  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 11:34:40 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Yes, and there is quite a bit of detail on this in OOA and in COA, both feature shamans prominently (obviously Trig is a Shaman in Space).

So there is quite a bit of discussion about dead spirits, and how far back you can go to get them

It's very very different because their spirits eventually dissipate on the material plane (unless they are troubled or manage to hop over to the ethereal plane)

So, for some ancestors you have to figure out how to summon dissipated mana back together to get something out of the spirit--as opposed to a priest reaching out to a spirit in the afterlife (assuming they didn't reincarnate--in which case you are out of luck)

But, very explicitly Shamans of Orcus definitely did summon D'Orcs--see discussion on the Isle of Doom about that, this was done for a while after Orcus' death.

In particular, D'Orcs on the Isle the very few were killed and went back to Mount Doom and were then summoned back by Shamans on the Isle, both D'Orc shamans and mortal shamans. But eventually, they stopped getting killed and sent back

That's how they found out what happened.

Or that's the story they've given. As some people have noted, there are some holes in their explanations--in all the D'Orcs explanations of the aftermath. And that will start coming out in these next books.

Regular shamans, like any, would need to know the name to summon them. But, say if it was one of their ancestors, they'd probably know the name and could summon, but that fell out of fashion because so many ancestral D'Orcs disappeared, the summonings came up with nothing and people stopped trying, for mortal (non Isle of Doom shamans) it would be a crapshot as to who was still around.

Also, even before that, summoning someone you knew was a D'Orc would require a serious need. You really don't want to piss off one of the greatest warriors your tribe (and race) has ever seen, not frviolously. Futher, Orcs are not great at admitting weakness or asking for help. Not unless they had a personal relationship with the individual.

Thus summoning recent ancestors you knew, is the most likely thing, but even then, it's considered a bit disrespectful to disturb the dead. And hard to disturb the long (dissipated) dead.

Offline Korwin  
#39 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2019 8:32:00 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
There people go again!

Why do people keep confusing me with the Concordenax? any time we're in the same room together, it's blatantly obvious we look nothing alike.

The problem being, nobody ever saw you both in the same room... Applause
Or even saw the Concordenax, I'm pretty shure we have book references about this. (About the C. not being around for a reeaaaallly long time)

My hypothesis about Tizzy:
There is a powerfull demon, he is bored. Let's call him Demon Prince Tisdale.
He doesn't want to Phönix cycle. He invents an new personality named Tizzy and this new personality is in charge most of the time. After Orcus slaying he woke up and set the Rebirth of Orcus in motion.

So the times, when Tizzy is making sense and talking about something interesting, it's when the original personality took over.

Another hypotesis about the whereabout of the Big C., is he imprisioned in the Tartarus?
Offline Bradyman  
#40 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2019 8:38:01 AM(UTC)
Bradyman

Korwin, thats pretty much my thought too. That or instead of different personalities, he is just that insane, and has occasional moments of clarity. Thats why the book and his notes are so important. They help him remember the important stuff so that he doesn't get distracted for too long.