The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 5:44:46 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Ok, so in Ch. 67 of ITA, Talarius gives a rundown on how the HMoE works, and proceeds to scan Freehold, revealing that there are three Archaedemons in play.

Now, at this time, we know that Bess isn't in in the palace. So that means the bright green spot Talarius spies is Rupert, and the three Archaedemons are Tall Dark and Scary, Exa-AngerManagementIssues-dude, and Tom. This seems to confirm that at this moment in the story Tom is indeed an Archaedemon.

So this leaves me with two questions...

1) Since Bess is actually a goddess in disguise, how would she show up in the HMoE? As gold/silver/light tones, or not at all?
2) How would Tom show up now, as Dark Lord Tommus? (Maybe we'll get to find out in AOE?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 6:46:41 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Well, the people in earlier (pre book II) discussions did not rule out Bess being there; it was simply "unknown" at the time.

We have no evidence of where she was at that point.

Based on book III, and Talarius' comments there, I will assume he's never seen a goddess in the Mirror (since he had never met a god or goddess before). So no one has any idea how she would show up.

However, presumably, if she can fool people with demon/wizard/animage sight into believing her when she says she's an archdemon she can presumably control her aura. Think of how Maelen saw Tom. Demons can see similar information if they try. Their interpretations may vary.

I.e. If she couldn't hide her aura, no one would believe she was an archdemon. They would think demon prince or god or something.

However, I will also say that most demon princes and arch demons do tightly guard their aura's. If you have significant control over your power you can "hide" to demon sight. This is important to them since they don't want others to know for sure their true power level. Lillith and Sammael are particularly good.

If you were to see their full power, then chances are, they are exercising it at that moment and you'd better hope you are on their side.

Now, the question is, what does the Mirror see? And how true is it? Well, it is obviously better than wizard/demon/priest sight or why use it?
But we just don't know.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2015 2:23:49 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Well, the people in earlier (pre book II) discussions did not rule out Bess being there; it was simply "unknown" at the time.

We have no evidence of where she was at that point.

True. If she was there, and she was hiding, the mirror might not have shown her at all, or showed her as an archdemon. Still, so far it's been a generally thrown out that Rupert is a 4th order, and there only appeared to be one 4th in the palace at the time of the scan, and the book placed Tom, Rupert, Exador, and Ramses in the palace at that time. So the question is really how accurate the HMoE is.

If you were to see their full power, then chances are, they are exercising it at that moment and you'd better hope you are on their side.

Now, the question is, what does the Mirror see? And how true is it? Well, it is obviously better than wizard/demon/priest sight or why use it?
But we just don't know.

Well, during the scan in ITA, Exador and Ramses weren't exercising their powers, and presumably were trying to hide themselves as human, and the HMoE still saw them as archdemons, so based on that, I'd have to say the mirror is pretty accurate on a general level. I'm now interested in just where it came from. How powerful must it be to bypass all an archdemon's stealth techniques?

Also, now that there are avatars rolling around Freehold, how long before someone gets a hit on Hilda or one of the others?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2015 5:35:05 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well that last bit brings up an interesting question. Hitting on Hilda. (which is what Trisfelt is doing, but that's another topic)

They were still regularly scanning the city after the truce, to ensure things were safe.

Now, the question is, where does the mirror come from, it's a Holy Mirror, so presumably it is a religious artifact of Tiernon (or another Etonian)

However, we do know that not all of Talarius' magic items were Etonian Holy Artifacts; in particular Ruidan was in fact, an Artifact of Doom...ooh there's a great book title Artifacts of Doom! Made by Völund, aka Wayland the Smith. He's like some sort of jotunn or something. Used to sleep around Valhalla, bedding valkyries and such. He also hung out all over the Celtic and Germanic regions of Earth. Remember, he's also the guy that forged Excalibur (aka Caliburn) for King Arthur, which would link him to Avalon and the Grove. Guy really gets around.

Anyway, assuming that the Holy Mirror of Erastimus is a Tiernonic Artifact, do his avatars have a backdoor key that lets them escape detection? Does it only work on Evil? Although, as you know, I don't like that word, I find it tediously imprecise.

Think
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2015 6:21:06 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Maybe it only detects Abyss-based energy patterns. As Outer Plane energy patterns, Bess and the Teirnon avatars wouldn't be detected. That likely means the HMoE has some kind of extra-planar link to the Abyss.

Tom might be able to see that link and sever it, unmaking the mirror

or...

If Tom could isolate what energy frequency it's actually monitoring, then he might be able to jam it (at least for himself).
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2015 10:59:32 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Or just steal it and use it to measure his enemies.

I like that idea better.

BTW, for all you crazies out there with your conspiracy theories about me. I point out that I was there during the mirroring and was lost in the haze of lower class demons. Which is strange because I have a lot of class!

I Yam what I Yam, and that is one Sweet Potato of a Demon! Dancing

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 1, 2016 10:22:20 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Yes, but we know you have abilities that you shouldn't for your "Class". I'm pretty certain insanity doesn't show up in the mirror. <jiggle>

Ooo, steal it and learn how to do the same thing WITHOUT the mirror!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2016 3:42:37 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

What abilities? Other than my ability to converse with so called "imaginary people" in other dimensions.

You know the others in the cave crew gave me lots of crap for talking to you people in the forums. They don't believe you exist.

Just the other day, Antefalken asked me what flavor was my imaginary closet of jello friend. He was hoping for Black Cherry but I am rooting for Fruit Punch.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2016 4:52:06 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Ooo, I have no idea what flavor I am. I've never eaten myself.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2016 5:12:57 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm,

It might be very difficult to do. Probably impossible.

Maybe you should borrow a trick from your cousin, the "stuff" like fellow.

Give someone a bit of yourself on a plate and ask them to try it (you probably don't want them to know it's actually you--unless they are really stupid) and then, before your extrusion starts digesting them from the inside, ask them what you tasted like.
Offline Tizzy  
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2016 5:14:53 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

OOOOHHHHH

And better yet...

when they say "You taste like strawberry!" (for example)

you reply:

"NO! I taste like Death! Bwah hah hah hah hah!!
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 11:47:59 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

What abilities? Other than my ability to converse with so called "imaginary people" in other dimensions.

You know the others in the cave crew gave me lots of crap for talking to you people in the forums. They don't believe you exist.

<jiggle> You mean we're the voices in your head??? Oh, I've always wanted to the voice in someone's head.

....OoOoooooooOoOOOOo, Tizzy, you must kill and rape your way across AstlaaaaAAaaaAAaan! Not necessarily in that oooOOooOOOoooOoOOOoorder! And cookie up TooOOOooooOOOOooom!

Ok, cheesy ghost voices aside, getting someone to try to taste me I think would take too much logistics at the moment. I think I'll table that for later. Though I'm hoping I'm lime flavored. Always been partial to that.

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 3:33:51 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Doesn't everyone have voices in their head?

If they don't, that would be very lonely. Wonder what it would take for me to give people voices in their head?

Maybe I could drill a hole in their head, shove some ghosts in there and then cork it up?

OOOhhh maybe I could spoon some gelatinous cube in there, and the G.Cube could talk to them as it dissolved their brains?

Lime would be good.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:37:35 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

I don't know. People are so rude nowadays. I mean, I talk to the live things I catch all the time, but they never talk back. Sure, there's all the screaming at first, until I swallow them and they suffocate, but no talking. I've even offered to only digest their bottom half, so they can talk, but no, just a lot more screaming.

I don't really get it.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 12:22:30 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

I know what you are talking about.

All that hideous shrieking interspersed with fainting, attempting to run away sometimes breaking down to miserable moans, shakes and pant pissing (and worse)

It's really hard to carry on a conversation.

I do like it though when they completely relieve themselves, I may be a demon who likes to consume people body and soul, but I am by no means a "shit eating demon"

Nope. So I do like it when they empty themselves out. Unfortunately, I often don't have a bucket to wash my food before eating it.