The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aiobeil  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2021 2:47:45 PM(UTC)
Aiobeil

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I would like to be a beta demon for the next book about come out OOA would it be possible to register?
Offline The Author Guy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2021 10:00:03 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
It will be shortly. I am looking into using different/alternate software and trying to figure out how to tie it all together.

Historically, the beta process was all here in the forums and there was a link you could click on to add you to a group that opened up other forums and links to the book and everything was done here.

That ended up being a lot of work for everyone, particularly those with more nitty gritty changes (e.g. typos/spelling/grammer) vs more general commentary.

So, I am looking at software that can sort of organize it and let people do inline commenting and corrections and then allow me to sort of just collapse altogether.

But then, what about bigger commentary/discussions and questions? Does the software support that? Or do I need to use these forums again as well.

So I am trying to figure that out. See the topic of beta demon software.

Once that's figured out and things are close to going live, I will post links here and send emails out to people who have posted in the forums expressing interest.

T-A-G
Offline overrclocked  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 7, 2021 2:41:58 PM(UTC)
overrclocked

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I just re-read the books for a third time after reading these comments about new books! If you have extra beta keys, please keep me in mind.
Offline The Author Guy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 7, 2021 6:30:19 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Sure, there will be a signup link here on the site.

I'd hoped to have it open by now, but as I mentioned yesterday, just running a bit behind.

There will be a main sign up here and forum for major discussions and then from inside there will be a link to the beta reading platform where the book will be.
Offline MommaGx3  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 1:25:51 AM(UTC)
MommaGx3

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Has the beta reading for dooms day already rolled out? I have been waiting but took a vacation to the outer rings, where my mother lives. We get crappy reception out there you know.
Mother of 3 little demon monkeys.... well, not so little anymore. *sniff* *sniff*
Offline The Author Guy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 8:32:45 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Dooms Day will be coming after OOA:ITN, they overlap in time and people do go back and forth a bit.

OOA:ITN will start beta very soon.
thanks 1 user thanked The Author Guy for this useful post.
Vulcron von Islingr on 8/22/2021(UTC)