The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The Author Guy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 11:31:52 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Any one that signs up to be a beta demon before the actually beta-release of the books is e-printed.

Lots of people have put their names in various topics.

I will search through the forums and grab the emails of everyone that wants to be a beta demon.

I will then send them a confirmation email with a link to become a betademon. If they have changed their mind or are two busy, then they simply don't follow the link. Nothing worse will happen to them than a case of boils that won't ever go away.

Offline Flakes  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 1:57:35 AM(UTC)
Flakes

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'll be a beta reader if you are still looking.
Offline Tizzy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 2:25:36 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Needs to be in red font, like signing in e-blood! Angel

I will be posting a link that will give people access to the beta demon role on the site.

Just click it (once it's here) and poof...you start shape changing into a beta demon. You may want to click in the privacy of your own room, btw. Could be awkward if you do it on your phone while at the dinner table or on a bus and you start popping out of your clothes!
Offline Gardock  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 6:16:28 AM(UTC)
Gardock

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I would like to be a Beta Demon

Thanks!
Offline Rosver  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 7:30:16 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I would like to be a beta reader.

Rosver
Offline Tizzy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 4:15:13 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Let's Beta the Beta Demon Forum

"Toto: There's no place like the Abyss, There's no place like the Abyss, There's no place like the Abyss"

Corrected link

If you follow this link while logged in, and clicking your heals together three times, that "should" register you as a Beta Demon, which should make another forum visible under For Beta Demons only.

It will unlock it for you and your little dog too...not clear what will happen to your house and if it will land on a witch. But you won't be in Kansas any more...

You know it's odd, I don't think I've ever encountered a munchkin of the non-donut variety...oompa loompas...dozens but no munchkins...

Edited by moderator Tuesday, June 2, 2015 11:05:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Gardock  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 10:57:54 PM(UTC)
Gardock

No additional forum, tried logging/unlogging and clicking the link.
Offline The Author Guy  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 11:04:04 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Thanks for the heads up.

Tizzy posted the wrong link. He posted the link for Beta Demon Sandwich, which put people in a queue to be added to one of his sandwiches.

Here is the correct link

Heavenly Host Beta Demons

In all seriousness, I had first created a Beta Demon group, but then went and added a Heavenly Host Bets Demon group. Thinking maybe I wanted separate groups for each book.

Tizzy posted the first link for just beta demons not HH beta demons, and the new forum is set for HH Beta Demons.

I will go and correct the membership of people who clicked the old link.
Offline Lhans  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2015 2:03:07 PM(UTC)
Lhans

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I'd like to join the Heavenly Host beta demons if they're still recruiting.
Offline The Author Guy  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2015 2:54:27 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Super, I see you clicked the link. You are listed, you should be able to now see The Heavenly Host Forum above the FAQ forum.

I still haven't sent out the final reminder call.

I am being delayed by Oorstemothian and another equally complicated dialogue (new group) near the 'finale'

Very close...just certain people take a lot longer to write dialogue for than others.
Offline SixFeetUnder  
#11 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2015 8:25:01 PM(UTC)
SixFeetUnder

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Any chance I could also become a Beta Demon? :D. I clicked the link(s), but no Heavenly Host section has appeared :(. Thanks! Very much looking forward to reading book 2, whether I'm able to read the possible alternate reality version that is the Beta or not :).

RAWR
... Just practicing here. Must be ready.

Edited by user Friday, June 5, 2015 8:52:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Dragon attack.

Offline The Author Guy  
#12 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2015 3:37:08 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

You may need to log out and log back on. I am not 100% sure, I've never done this group registration thing before.

I see you in the group, so I am thinking it's just log off and back on.
Offline Jonnyboi  
#13 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2015 5:52:55 AM(UTC)
Jonnyboi

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I wish to be a beta demon, Jonny boi

Edited by user Sunday, June 7, 2015 5:54:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

It's hard to be good so why try?
Offline smw  
#14 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2015 2:52:49 PM(UTC)
smw

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Stop asking to be a beta demon. TAG has already shown you the door. You must walk through it:

here

DISCLAIMER: That door happens to also be a gate to hell. Sure it will get you an alternative version of Heavenly Host sooner, but is it worth your soul?
Offline JMX  
#15 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2015 3:43:13 PM(UTC)
JMX

Hmm I tried both links I am not seeing a heavenly host forum but it might be my ipotato problems.

Maybe if I roar real loud it might work?

Edit: I have fat fingers :(

Edited by user Sunday, June 7, 2015 3:45:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline The Author Guy  
#16 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2015 5:13:06 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

You are in the group. So you don't need to click any more.

Have you done logout and then logged back in?

You should go to Forums on the top, and then as you look down the list you should see categories and in the Category called "Beta Demons Only" there are two forums in that category "The Heavenly Host" and "Beta Demon FAQ"

Everyone can/should be able to see "Beta Demon FAQ" only people that have followed the link will be able to see "The Heavenly Host"

The thing is, the registration is part of the overall system, where as the forums are all part of an independent module. It is supposed to be pulling information on membership from the "system" but it might be having issues, or I might not have set it up right.

I will also try with a test account this afternoon.
Offline JMX  
#17 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2015 6:00:48 PM(UTC)
JMX

Might have been a time issue. Relogged after 30 mins or so and it showed up.
Offline JMX  
#18 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2015 6:02:07 PM(UTC)
JMX

Also can we preorder Or pay when we start the beta?
Offline The Author Guy  
#19 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2015 9:07:49 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

The beta is independent of any bookstore so that's not easy to do.

But keep in mind, there is no supply or availability issue with the ebook.

And unless demand suddenly goes through the ceiling like crazy (pray to Tiernon!) there should be no availability issue for the dead tree. It's print on demand.

I ordered a galley copy of the Book 1 second edition on Thursday, paid through the nose for priority shipping and had it the next day from Create Space. Even the slowest method (which they told me would be 8+ days, took 3 days from the day I ordered it.

In fact I will figure out someway to give beta testers away to get a good discount on the Dead Tree one. The ebook version I have no way to technically discount to a group. So I am still thinking about that...the big thing is to get it to people in their kindle libraries. It would be nice if they had promo copies of ebooks...

Offline The Author Guy  
#20 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2015 9:32:12 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

I think it is a time issue. I had Wylan try. He got in, I could see him in the main site as being in the group. But at first he wasn't in the Forum's group.

The forum module has its own users/profiles which it synchronizes with the site. My guess is that this only happens every so often.

Before I release the beta, I will make sure that everyone that is in the site group is in the forum group and can see it.

I will go through now and make sure, but I think everyone that is good.