The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bludflag  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2014 4:57:18 PM(UTC)
Bludflag

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I noticed a few mistakes in the home page
So here it goes:At the Avatars subsection I noticed that it said Rank III twice(for II and III) so that it looks like a Lesser Archon and an Archon are the same class.When I clicked on Demons(the one where we can see the summoning of Boggy) it said "When not serving mortal men, demons reside in an infernal plane called the Abyss, where the cavort and plan the destruction and overthrow of all mankind. " the should be they (minor things like this happened all the time to me aswell when I was writing my original Fanfic,it went south so I stopped(got lazy))
Should we methodically search all the posts for mistakes?

I made this post purely for mistakes noticed on this website.I would appreciate if this topic stayed as is and that people only post for said mistakes

I hope the author approves of this post Anxious

P.S On the other hand I can`t wait for the next book Drool
The Overlord
Offline The Author Guy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:44:28 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Thanks for the catch!

I'll take care of those this afternoon!

thanks 1 user thanked The Author Guy for this useful post.
Bludflag on 12/31/2014(UTC)
Offline Bludflag  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 12:49:14 PM(UTC)
Bludflag

Finally got back to proofing some of the posts on the site(primarily those that interest me),so here goes:
Mana Pools and Anima Jars
to the number of mana pools OR anima jars linked to the weilder (note jars do not create feed back with pools
wielder...feedback
Thus for safety reason's very few mana wielder's ever
reasons...wielders
While typically an Arcane Device that used a mana pool would have it's own mana pool
its
say a ring and pendant where the ring actual mana pool for the ring was in the pendent
where the ring is the actual mana pool for the ring in (inside if you wish) the pendant(why did you put was,did you reword the sentence or something?)

Edited by user Tuesday, March 31, 2015 12:58:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: bolding things,underlining them and genrally making the post better

The Overlord
Offline Bludflag  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:08:07 PM(UTC)
Bludflag

Golems
Golems must be constructed in such a manor as to be able to move
manner
God,waiting for book 2 and second edition of book 1 is pure torture Brick wall
The Overlord
Offline The Author Guy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 2:58:33 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

The manner of Golems living together in a manor...that's on this site only, in the library correct?

I am not finding anything on Golems in the book 1 appendices (I never remember what is where).

2nd Edition is basically just awaiting a cover from the artist. I need to kick him into gear...

I am getting there on book 2, I keep saying one more week...but stuff has kept coming up...but not too far off now.
Offline Bludflag  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:10:28 PM(UTC)
Bludflag

Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post
The manner of Golems living together in a manor...that's on this site only, in the library correct?

I am not finding anything on Golems in the book 1 appendices (I never remember what is where).

2nd Edition is basically just awaiting a cover from the artist. I need to kick him into gear...

I am getting there on book 2, I keep saying one more week...but stuff has kept coming up...but not too far off now.

Yes,it is on the site library. Good to know about 2nd edition pretty much concetrating on the picture.
I was way too excited for the second edition(hooked so badly on this, I might need to go to rehab).
Heh, good to know that I`m not the only lazy author out there(when I was one, it was for a FF, but the original story paid 0 attention on magicians even though the MC was one and I didn`t feel like making stuff up while the author would most likely go a totally different direction). I don`t really proofread books that I read since it would only frustrate me,they`re usually long(I generally don`t read short books), I usually don`t have any way to contact the author without too much hassle and I am not sure enough about my English to tell somebody their grammar mistakes(I am absolutely horrendrous with present perfect, not sure why).

Sorry about the wall of text Liar
The Overlord
Offline Bludflag  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:19:08 PM(UTC)
Bludflag

The Jötnar Races

Trolls and Ogres tend to form smaller, isolated family units and can also be found in many region.
regions

Orc mercenaries are not uncommon in many lands and both Orc and Goblinr tribes
Goblin

Finally a Sprite, moving up in the ranks Dancing
The Overlord
Offline The Author Guy  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2015 4:35:45 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Thanks for the corrections on the site it's very helpful!

The Jötnar ones are actually new, freshly written live yesterday based on back story for book 2. So that's what I'd call a "live" error.

Most of the other errors you might see on the site are things that have been around for quite some while and have been migrated multiple times to various formats and are things I've read so many times, I am no longer even capable of seeing the errors.

A lot of the library was in Ami Pro, then Lotus Word Pro, then in html on the original www.astlan.COM site (that I failed to renew fast enough and it got stolen by squatters that want multiple kilodollars to get it back) which was a FrontPage website and from there it went to Word DOC and then Word DOCX and now into DNN.

Offline Icanrememberpito68decimalplaces  
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 11:11:14 AM(UTC)
Icanrememberpito68decimalplaces

There is a mistake in the title of this thread/topic on this forum. There is also a mistake in the title of this forum. It says
"Mistakes on this sites and forums".
Offline Tizzy  
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 10:33:40 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Uhm...maybe it was an example of a mistake?

d'oh!

Yeah, that's what it is, an example of a mistake.

Congratulations! You are the first person to spot that and are thus entitled to a prize.

How about a day trip to Hell Springs Eternal for a nice lava bath?

#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 10:55:44 AM(UTC)

I'll take you up on that; it sounds wonderful, I think I'll give it a miss.
Thanks for the offer though!!
Angel
Offline Tizzy  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 3:51:14 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Boo hoo!

You are starting to sound just like Talarius...

"I don't want to go in the lava!"

"Don't throw me in the lava!"

"It's too hot!"

What a crybaby!

Of course it's hot! It's the heat that soothes the muscles eating away at the stress, tension and flesh....

#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:44:42 AM(UTC)

No, really, it sounds wonderful, but I think I'll give it a miss this time; maybe next time.
Oh, by the way, I'd like to be a beta demon, and I do know the perils!
Offline Tizzy  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 3:15:09 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Cool! or Hot, gotta sign in red though.

BTW once the beta is done we are all going to go party at Hell Springs Eternal --soothing lava baths and on the house massages from Grzzaazztquactl, she is wonderful, her 12" claws can really get between your muscle fibers and open them up!
#15 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2015 1:03:58 AM(UTC)

I, Icanremeberpito68decimalplaces, would like to become a beta demon, for the greater evil
(or is it greater good?)
Anyway, I would like to be a beta demon, ignore the mistake in line, two; I was typing to fast.
#16 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2015 1:34:35 AM(UTC)

I, Icanremeberpito68decimalplaces, would like to become a beta demon, for the greater evil
(or is it greater good?)
Anyway, I would like to be a beta demon, ignore the mistake in line, two; I was typing to fast.
Offline Tizzy  
#17 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2015 4:38:35 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Excellent...buah hah! hah hah!
Offline Flakes  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 1:52:32 AM(UTC)
Flakes

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Spectrum

I don't know if, strictly speaking, this is a mistake but...

Roy G. Biv

Red - 1st order demon
Orange - 2nd Order Demon
Yellow - 3rd Order Demon
Green - 4th Order (Greater Demon)
Blue - 5th Order (Arch Demon)
Indigo - 6th Order (Demon Prince)
Violet - 7th Order (Demon Emperor)

Technically I suppose there is also a infrared and ultraviolet since they are parts of the spectrum, but they aren't really relevant.

Anyway in the book the author writes:

"... There was one light blue light with a slight turquoise tinge and two rather dark blues. There might be more, but there were at least three. Three Archaedemons! In one place! At one time! Talarius prayed. He prayed deeply and sincerely. He prayed that this test might not fall upon his shoulders. A challenge of one Archaedemon he'd foolishly looked forward to. But three at once! Talarius had never known fear, at least not of anything physical or tangible, and he didn't believe that was what he felt now. Trepidation might be the word. Whatever it was, Talarius did not enjoy it. "

As you can see from the chart blue and spectrum I've included, there was actually only one arch demon. The two rather Dark Blues would count as Indigo and would therefor be Demon Princes.

Offline Flakes  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 1:55:19 AM(UTC)
Flakes

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Indigo Pigment

Indigo Pigment
Offline Tizzy  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 2:22:12 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Excellent observation! Applause

I like using Roy. T-A-G wasn't specifically thinking of Roy when describing things. In fact he never made the exact correlation that you did, which fits quite nicely.

He should have, he did spend quite a bit of time studying astronomy and optics....

I am not so sure how much of it is Talarius bad interpretation of the mirror results and communication.

Talarius didn't make the mirror, he'd just acquired it, and my guess is that he knew in principle how it worked. I am betting he'd never seen anything bigger than a greater demon in it. Maybe a lesser archdemon.

I would think Lenamare or Damien would have given a much more accurate/precise description of the colors the same way you do. But Talarius is basically a warrior and color subtleties are probably not his strong point.

We also have some questions about who was where at the time of the viewing.

Those questions, I think you will find get even more complicated in Book II. It all ties into the other discussions about the mirror and colors that have gone on in other threads.