The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline overrclocked  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2021 6:39:38 PM(UTC)
overrclocked

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Maybe I missed it but has it been covered in the novels about the difference between the Outer Planes and the Abyss? I mean the Outer Planes require Gods to hold the structure of it in place. And as far as I'm aware, the Abyss is basically the same type of dimension as the Outer Planes, but I don't think there was mention about what demons are holding the Abyss' form in place. Am I missing something or is the answer simple like Tizzy holding it all together? Lol
Offline Tizzy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2021 2:19:59 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Hmm, it is definitely discussed, piecemeal, it sort of drags out over time as it comes up.

The Abyss is very different than the Outer Planes, it's closer in nature to the Inner Planes (e.g. Limbo and Purgatory) (This is in Book III, Chapter 134 I think)

But book II hints at it and book III does to: the Outer Planes are just weird, although that may be my opinion, but like Midgard (the material planes) it's not a single plane, but a whole bunch of planes that reflect the material planes (hence the term 'refleca' that everything is made out of) There is definitely more discussion of it in Book IV as more action takes place there, or, more action by outsiders, I should say.

The Abyss on the other hand is one single, flat, infinitely large plane. Limbo and Purgatory are somewhere in between, based their 'outer plane' and the material planes. E.g. Purgatory is between Midgard and the Abyss, Limbo is between Midgard and the Outer Planes, each is sort of a hybrid of their two boundary planes.

Offline Lodrik  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2021 5:03:44 PM(UTC)
Lodrik

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I think I read that the Abyss is finite but so large that no one ever reached the end/cliff?
Offline Tizzy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2021 6:24:18 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Well, it's rather hard to prove the difference being something infinitely large and something infinitely large minus say 1 foot.

No one I know has gone from end to end, it takes so much time they eventually give up.

ITN has a short discussion of this.