The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2014 9:06:30 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Argh

Apparently our data center was raided by Oorstemothian agents who confiscated our server under a search warrant pertaining to a group of demons and their henchmen who somehow sunk one of their official vessels.

Of course, I, Tizzy, know nothing about such demons. What is this world coming to when sovereign vessels of Oorstemoth can be attacked and sunk with no provocation?

Fortunately, Damien was able to negotiate the return of the server. I don't have a lot more details yet, I'm awaiting more information.

Tizzy
Offline NocandlE  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 1:32:50 AM(UTC)
NocandlE

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Greetings "Gentle-beings"

Server issue aside, (glad ya'll got it back)

On a similar-ish topic. The vessel of Oorstemoth in question, the one that attacked the ship carrying Tom and Co.
I would expect an old and powerful, if "somewhat" trigger happy bureaucracy like the Oorstemoth to give orders to heave to (law enforcement officials don't just roll up and start shooting without identifying themselves and/or their reasons for sudden appearance), have a warrant for the imprisonment/ execution of the captain. For allegedly trafficking illicit goods.
The subject of jurisdiction also comes to mind, high seas (international waters) fair game in Astlan?

(On a different note, been ghosting the forums for a while, figured i would throw out a comment)

Offline Tizzy  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 1:42:40 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well, yes and no.

There is some history that's not explained in the book, and that I'm not completely privy to all of it

However, it is my understanding that Asmeth and his crew have had many a run in with the Oorstemothians for their smuggling and a Warrant of High Justice had been issued for him and his crew. Under such circumstances, once they were able to positively identify and document he and his ship, they were authorized to execute the Warrant.

Which they summarily tried to do.

I should note that one of the more recent incidents involving Asmeth and his crew was in smuggling a group of tomb raiding rogues out of Oorstemoth with a valuable artifact that, at first, the authorities thought was given to Exador, but was in fact, given to Lenamare. There was quite a bit of legal wrangling on that as Exador had to extricate himself from the false evidence that Lenamare had planted on the rogues.

Now, the rogues are still alive, because they have to testify against Lenamare, but they require no testimony on the part of Asmeth's crew (or didn't until now) because the rogues had all positively fingered Asmeth and combined with Asmeth's long history of illegal activities, a court issued the Warrant of High Justice.

Offline NocandlE  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 1:50:08 AM(UTC)
NocandlE

Ah, well that clears up the interest on my end.

Oh and thanks for the historic tidbit about Exador and Lenamare. I had been wondering about the back story of The Book. How it came to be in Lenamares greedy little hands.
Offline Tizzy  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 1:42:59 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Glad to.

There's actually a fairly interesting backstory and forestory about that. I'm just not sure whether there will at some point be a prequel novel or simply some short stories. The rogues are currently in prison, but I'm thinking not for much longer. It's not clear if they'll show up in Book II or Book III.

Offline Maou  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:23:58 PM(UTC)
Maou

Why does the shadow NocandlE have 0 posts in his description???????????????????????????
Offline Tizzy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:15:09 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

That's a good question, the post tabulator and rank determiner is a bit weird, from what I've read.

I think it updates your post every time you login and post again.

My original sort of thought was that it would update every time you did a new post, but that has not seemed to be the case.

So I think it's tied to logging in and maybe posting again, and then it updates. Or perhaps it retabulates like daily and then updates you when you next post....it's something convoluted that I didn't get when I first read it. I'll have to read more to understand it.

He has two posts very close together, I'm betting one after the other???

My bet is that if he logs in again and posts, we'll see an update.

I don't recall now, but I think one is a shadow until one has 5 posts.

Offline NocandlE  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 7:52:58 AM(UTC)
NocandlE

On that note, just loged back and it is still showing 0 posts Think
Tizzy, I guess thats what happens when you build the forums with Duct Tape and Gum. Dancing
They need a bit of TLC/ WD 40

Ps: Maou thanks for droping into the tread, your posts in the "Demon power ups" thread were interesting.

Edited by user Thursday, September 25, 2014 7:55:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: to make more sense mkay

Offline Rosver  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 10:15:07 PM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Still zero. There is a very big bug here. Have fun finding that.
Offline Tizzy  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 12:24:19 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yeah, well, demons are not the most reliable workers on much of anything without the threat of torture...

BUT they make horrible web developers!

Have you ever tried typing on a keyboard with 9" Nails/Claws? The curvature makes it particularly difficult!

The better ones "hunt and peck" with their tails.

The problem is, demons that are like Tom then end up frying their computer when the electrocute the keyboard!

It's hell being a demon!

Brick wall
Offline Tizzy  
#11 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 12:38:25 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

OK!

Figured it out
d'oh!

For whatever reason, this particular Forum i.e. "This Website Forum" was set with "no count" on. Meaning don't count posts in this forum in the totals.

I think this was set because I may have renamed an existing/predefined "Help with the Forum" Topic and by default since the Forum is supposed to be about the forum, and not about "real" discussions it was marked to not count. Or maybe I just created the forum and was thinking that way and forgot.

That happens a lot. Your short term memory starts to go as you get older, I know after my first millenia I had trouble remembering what I'd done as recently as three or four decades prior...sheesh...talk about awkward!

Anyway, since NocandlE had only posted in this forum, he never got counted.

I'f changed that so from now on posts in this forum will get counted.

Unfortunately I have no way to restore those post counts (although maybe it will do it automatically)

I wish I could manually adjust post counts, because I'd be able to turn myself into a Demon Prince then...

Offline Maou  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2014 9:02:53 PM(UTC)
Maou

How many posts results into what rankings?

Thanks for going over my threads NocandlE. I tend to splurge, if I post to frequently I talk to myself and limit topics, so it is best to wait and see what others do. Thus this show patience, a prized trait amongst stalkers and their variants.
Offline Tizzy  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 2:48:57 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well somewhere there is a discussion, I think in this post of what the levels should be...haven't changed any yet...I don't think...

At the moment:

Astral Onlooker is not registered in the forum/is guest
Shadow is registered for forum but less than 5 posts.
Sprite is 5 to 49 posts
Imp is 50 to 99
Fiend is 100 to 199
Demon is 200 to 299
Major Demon is 300 to 399
Greater demon is 400 to 499
Arch demon is 500 to ?
Demon Prince is there but has no number to reach, yet...hence some of the discussion on what levels should be.
Offline Maou  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 5:37:40 AM(UTC)
Maou

So are guests still called guests, or have you edited the site to call them astral onlookers?
Offline Tizzy  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:50:13 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

In the rankings they are called AO's but not sure when that would ever show up.

When in the who's online, they are showing up as guests, I probably need to change that somewhere. Will search for it tonight.