The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
7 Pages«<34567>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Giwdul  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 2:50:33 AM(UTC)
Giwdul

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I have read a number of the books that have been recommended here. I'm going to put some of the ones I haven't read on my to-read list (which is about 250 books long right now) and see if I can get to them sometime before 2050.

Here are a few books that I have enjoyed:
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson
Nightlord Series by Garon Whited (I liked books 2 and 3 better than 1. Haven't read 4 yet)
Offline Tizzy  
#82 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 12:54:43 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
You do realize that Sanderson is not actually a person? Right?

"He" is actually a very large inter-galactic civilization of monkeys with typewriters in an alternate universe.

Their civilization spans tens of billions of planets in several hundred galaxies, each planet having about 100 billion monkeys.

Each monkey is highly addicted to caffeine and sugar. They mainly drink full strength cold brew coffee and eat almost nothing but Sweet Tarts.

Their civilization is entirely dedicated to producing Science Fiction and Fantasy. All the best of which is published in other localverses.

The publishing process is rather dangerous, I was traveling near their localverse in the astral plane and nearly got ran over by a convoy of Mistborn spinoff series, I think there were like 37 spin off series with about 10 to 12 books each.

I sort of thought everyone knew this. I mean there is no way a human could write as many, often very long, books on so many subjects. It's against the laws of time and space. Sort of odd that the BBC hasn't asked the monkeys to write episodes of Dr. Who....

T-A-G has book one of the Nighlord on his kindle, he should probably get to it.

Offline Giwdul  
#83 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 7:52:17 PM(UTC)
Giwdul

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Inter-galactic monkey hive-mind? hmmm....
I had assumed that he had some kind of extra-dimensional communication/travel going on given his writing. I would never have figured out the monkey thing.

BTW, you might be seeing the MC from Nightlord sometime soon. He is currently on vacation but I have it on good authority that he is planning some serious inter-dimensional exploration in the near future.
Offline Tizzy  
#84 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:37:52 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

This is this vampire guy?

Trying to find Mount Doom?

Eesh. What's the ball? Sounds a lot like a certain book?

Better tell T-A-G to read these books ASAP! We need to be prepared if he starts plane hopping anywhere near the Abyss.

Offline Giwdul  
#85 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 6:23:49 PM(UTC)
Giwdul

This is this vampire guy?
Yeah. Although, I think he probably has more in common with a dhampir.

Eesh. What's the ball? Sounds a lot like a certain book?

Edited by user Friday, April 14, 2017 6:26:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#86 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 8:13:11 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Offline EyeDeKay  
#87 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 3:48:27 AM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Just finished pact yesterday. Written by the same guy who wrote Worm. It's kinda urban fantasy horror. The family are Demon summoners and
. The story was good if a little eh. Magic system is a little undefined. That's ok usually and was so in this case.
Offline Tizzy  
#88 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 8:26:09 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Good for the demons, a whole universe of demon summoners should definitely be destroyed.

If it weren't for all those meddling gods, I am sure Astlan would have been destroyed by now. It's not like Exador, Ramses and those guys didn't try hard enough back with the Anilords....

Offline EyeDeKay  
#89 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2017 11:45:41 PM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Good for the demons, a whole universe of demon summoners should definitely be destroyed.

If it weren't for all those meddling gods, I am sure Astlan would have been destroyed by now. It's not like Exador, Ramses and those guys didn't try hard enough back with the Anilords....

Oh most mages in the pact universe are not demon summoners, called diabolists.

Couldn't really tell ya what the "normal" mage or wizard or whatever is. In the town the Mc's family lives in there's two main families. Ones chronomancers, who stockpile their extra time for the head of the family to use, which is a cool idea.

The other family are enchantressess.

It's interesting that the "other" as all the non humans are called recognize family's based on the first interaction with said family. For example the main character is male, and while his family are diabolits demons don't recognize his family authority because the family mages are female.

Edited by user Friday, April 28, 2017 11:46:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline The Author Guy  
#90 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2017 9:21:54 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
So the others first met his diabolistic family through wizards, so they think everyone in his family should be female? But he's not, so they don't see him as part of the family? Or is he now the head of the family but they don't recognize that.
Offline The Author Guy  
#91 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2017 9:25:21 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

And I am also getting confused again.

This MC, who's family are diabolists is the Nightlord vampire/dhampire?

Offline EyeDeKay  
#92 Posted : Sunday, April 30, 2017 3:55:52 PM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post
And I am also getting confused again.

This MC, who's family are diabolists is the Nightlord vampire/dhampire?

No no this is from Pact by wildbow, the guy who wrote worm.

In nightlord he becomes a vampire or dhampire or whatever and then goes into another world.

In Pact, Blake, the MC, is from a family of diabolists, demon summoners, who knows nothing of the world of the supernatural until his grandma, who's house is worth lots of money, died and names him heir #2.

I think it's about half the size of worm.

It's urban fantasy.

The story is a bit underwhelming, although the author is great at creating characters.
Offline Tizzy  
#93 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2017 12:55:47 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

OK, that makes sense to me, but then I was never confused, unlike T-A-G.

That guy can barely hold a single train of thought for a decade at a time.

I, on the other hand can hold a train of thought for a length of time so infinitesimally small that it wraps around to be infinitely long....

That's the beauty of a non-finite topology. These crazy string theorists, thinking they can explain reality in less than an infinite number of dimensions....hah hah hah. It actually takes at least pi infinite dimensions to solve reality (meaning 3.12...yada yada infinite dimensions.

Now to be fair, trying to wrap ones head around an irrational fraction of infinite dimensions can be tricky, and take a bit of time, but assuming one has at least an infinitesimal amount more than pi amount of time, it's no problem, and actually and you then slide through the wave function and can do it in no time at all.

Offline Wylan of Oorstemoth  
#94 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2017 12:58:54 AM(UTC)
Wylan of Oorstemoth

Is it just me or has Tizzy slipped through one too many wave functions?

Jibber Jabber!

Offline Christopher Cope  
#95 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2017 5:44:35 PM(UTC)
Christopher Cope

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Tizzy is the living embodiment of a type of uncertainty principle. You can't know where he is and what the hell he's saying at the same time. When he's right in front of you, he's gonna say something incomprehensible, convoluted, or just plain crazy, which is annoying. When he does say something that makes sense, you have no idea where he is, so you can't hear it, which is also annoying.
Offline The Author Guy  
#96 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:14:45 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

That makes a lot of sense. It also explains that stupid meowing box he has, or at least I think its meowing, I never hear it meowing when it's in the same room with me, but he goes away with it and I swear I hear meows.
Offline Anskier  
#97 Posted : Sunday, May 28, 2017 1:55:44 AM(UTC)
Anskier

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#98 Posted : Monday, May 29, 2017 3:11:16 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

+1 for Awaken Online, The Iron Druid series, and Fred the Vampire Accountant. Iron Druid has a lot of witty dialogue, and Fred is...hmm, interesting in an uninteresting way. Awaken Online is one of the better LitRPG series.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#99 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 8:56:08 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
To be honest i could not disagree with you more, Awaken Online was very uninteresting to me. A Prison of Worlds i did enjoy however.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#100 Posted : Saturday, June 3, 2017 2:51:24 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

I didn't say it was GOOD, just that it was one of the better ones. To be honest, the LitRPG field is littered.

Just that. Littered, like with trash.

Get it? <jiggle jaggle>

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"