The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dspring  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 11:31:51 PM(UTC)
dspring

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

When we left book 3, there are many threads still outstanding
  • The Undead Army in the Abyss
    The Decision to support the Vampire Lord in place of the Lich Lords by the Lords of Chaos
    The Immortal Giants held prisoner by the Lich Lords
    What will happen with Talarus after the battle with the Lich Lords
    The Orc party investigating the desert to find the site of the Doomologue (including Rupert)
    The conflict with the elves over the Doomologue in Astlan (with the Grove acting as arbiters) and the elvish gods pushing for battle
    The undead invasion of the city of the Wizards
    The alliance between the Rod and the Nation of Crazy Lawyers
    The arrival of Talarus' old girlfriend in the flying abysss traveling submarine at Nysgard - with "Sam" and what i suspect is a Mind Reaver/husband to Talarus's old girlfriend
    The truce between the Siblings and Tom is ending soon after the Undead were driven off - what will happen next
    The fate of Senter as his cupidity becomes proven to Tiernen
    The next plan of Lilith against Tomus
    What will happen with the cloud ship/Grove/Jen/Gastrope now
    Why did Tizzy get that prisoner from the Citadel?
    What is Lenamare doing next -- he has been doing a lot of prep in the background...
    The next doomologue to be opened now that Nisgard Doomologue is getting fully functional
    Other princes in the Abyss may start to engage the old/new power of Doom
    The reincarnated priests of Bast's pantheon are going to be reborn soon
    A lot of gods owe Orcus payments for Tartarus
    Big battle - how many new orcs will be made D'Orcs after the battle outside the citadel of light? Any new Tiernen Avatars as well that become relevant to the story. The old creation rate seemed to be 1 every couple of years. Lots of reasons for Tom to create them faster now that he has the trick of it.

There are also bits of foreshadowing
  • What is the trick that allows some planets to be immune to undead-ness. That seems to be important
    The monkey god of live is missing for a while - rescue needed?
    The Krakan is still restless

With Luck, we will get updates and all sorts of story goodies on all these topics.

Offline Tizzy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 1:38:04 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)

--Tizzy
Offline Iume  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 4:29:08 AM(UTC)
Iume

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
So Tizzy, would you be willing to be bribed thanked generously for providing a snippet of Book 4 Chapter 1? Say with some demon cookies or Scooby-snacks?
Offline Korwin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 12:43:59 PM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I'll add,
  • the Olympian gods (especially Orcus sister), and
  • Sutekh (isn't he an Egyptian god?)

Originally Posted by: dspring Go to Quoted Post
When we left book 3, there are many threads still outstanding
  • The Undead Army in the Abyss
    The Decision to support the Vampire Lord in place of the Lich Lords by the Lords of Chaos
    The Immortal Giants held prisoner by the Lich Lords
    What will happen with Talarus after the battle with the Lich Lords
    The Orc party investigating the desert to find the site of the Doomologue (including Rupert)
    The conflict with the elves over the Doomologue in Astlan (with the Grove acting as arbiters) and the elvish gods pushing for battle
    The undead invasion of the city of the Wizards
    The alliance between the Rod and the Nation of Crazy Lawyers
    The arrival of Talarus' old girlfriend in the flying abysss traveling submarine at Nysgard - with "Sam" and what i suspect is a Mind Reaver/husband to Talarus's old girlfriend
    The truce between the Siblings and Tom is ending soon after the Undead were driven off - what will happen next
    The fate of Senter as his cupidity becomes proven to Tiernen
    The next plan of Lilith against Tomus
    What will happen with the cloud ship/Grove/Jen/Gastrope now
    Why did Tizzy get that prisoner from the Citadel?
    What is Lenamare doing next -- he has been doing a lot of prep in the background...
    The next doomologue to be opened now that Nisgard Doomologue is getting fully functional
    Other princes in the Abyss may start to engage the old/new power of Doom
    The reincarnated priests of Bast's pantheon are going to be reborn soon
    A lot of gods owe Orcus payments for Tartarus
    Big battle - how many new orcs will be made D'Orcs after the battle outside the citadel of light? Any new Tiernen Avatars as well that become relevant to the story. The old creation rate seemed to be 1 every couple of years. Lots of reasons for Tom to create them faster now that he has the trick of it.

There are also bits of foreshadowing
  • What is the trick that allows some planets to be immune to undead-ness. That seems to be important
    The monkey god of live is missing for a while - rescue needed?
    The Krakan is still restless

With Luck, we will get updates and all sorts of story goodies on all these topics.

Offline Tizzy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 2:40:18 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Indeed, and indeed.

The PLOT thickens....

Offline dspring  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 3:08:14 PM(UTC)
dspring

Arrggghhhh

Teasers....

Truly the Demons of the Abyss are among the most evil forces in the Multiverse!!!!
Offline Tizzy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 3:32:32 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Thank you! Applause

We try so hard, and so often under appreciated!
Offline Cookied&Doomed  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 12:21:03 AM(UTC)
Cookied&Doomed

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

• Tizzy's true name is in his journal (will be quite the surprise to whoever opens it and summons him)
  • The vampire lord had to make a deal with a demon to sire Rede (maybe Tizzy, and why he took Rede)
  • Tom now knows the book is important
  • Bess can now work with Tom and sabotage Exador
  • Pretty sure Tizzy gave Reggie the demon weed that started the whole thing and no-one seems to realize that (dealer toked from an old-fashioned tobacco pipe and Tizzy was upset that Reggie recognized D'weed)
  • 100% sure that Tom's real father wasn't a physicist who died in a fireball (Reincarnation? Incubus spawned?)
Offline Tizzy  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:47:15 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Think

Very interesting. Maybe very close. Fortunately, I can be generic enough to say that SOME are very good surmises.

But, which ones?
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 3:45:19 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I think two of the things I'm most looking forward to are:
1. What happens when the Inferno comes back to Mt. Doom with Tom there and the new vamps onboard.
2. Tom finally maybe possibly getting a love interest that makes some progress!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:41:48 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

No comment.

I know too much.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 5:16:19 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

No! COMMENT!

<points pseudopod at Tizzy>
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Korwin  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 10:02:14 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post
I think two of the things I'm most looking forward to are:
1. What happens when the Inferno comes back to Mt. Doom with Tom there and the new vamps onboard.
2. Tom finally maybe possibly getting a love interest that makes some progress!

What vamps onboard?
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 12:40:30 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Oh, that's right, Melisandre (or whatever her name is) isn't a vamp, just a Soul, and her husband is a demon. Guess I got things a little mixed up, as vamps are part of her backstory.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline dspring  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:25:06 AM(UTC)
dspring

One more evil idea. Mind Reavers.

I noticed a few bits of odd behavior when the submarine abyss explorers encountered Melisande. Nothing super obvious, but people were a bit too agreeable. Add to its Talarus's own odd behavior with Melisande original infection. I wonder if the "demon" who married Melisande is actually a mind reaver. It might explain Talarius behavior and also why Melisande' went and married the demon as well.

Of course, as none of the demons on anybody's side seem aware of this fact (if it is a fact), the situation seems ripe for something very bad to go wrong once everybody meets in person.
Offline Tizzy  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:43:15 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Interesting theory.

However, Hesselforthalus isn't a Mind Reaver, he's a Denubian. That means, he has a good supply of Denbian Choco-Coffee(TM).

Actually, as you will find out in Book IV, it's not just a 'good supply' but literally 'the supply.'

Hesselforthalus is the sole authorized distributor in The Abyss, which makes him a far more powerful archdemon than most.

However, even that is not the reason she fell for him. That will actually be revealed pretty early in Book IV.

Anyway, now that Doom is officially back, we need to find him to get the supply chain for our bars and restaurants turned back on.

Sure, barkeeps are making x-glargh from imported glargh, but a demon can't live on that alone.
Offline Korwin  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 7:32:51 AM(UTC)
Korwin

They can't?
Offline Tizzy  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:36:32 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well....Silenced

Obviously, they can. They actually don't need to eat or drink anything if they don't want to....

I'm just saying it gets old....

I mean, I'm not the biggest x-glargh guy. I like demoholic beverages just fine, but I prefer other mood enhancers...Wink
Offline Reptide  
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 8:06:20 AM(UTC)
Reptide

my few cents

I have been wondering how Tom and Rupert survive Etterdam? I mean there was lot of dead D´orcs a some tartarwardenner... and only Orcus and his son get out(well they dont get out since they dont remember anythink, only Tom have some flashbacks).

I was thinking what if there is more D´orcs who who ger reincarnated it make prety sence since they dont remember anythink and it would explained lot of thinks. Think which lead me to this idea is Tom flashback in chapter 127 there was this half undead D´orc Vordec and on the book3 we get this scene where Tizzi make sure Rede the dhampir(half unded) get to Mount Doom.
With reincarnation in mind it would explained why Tal Gor get staf wich was intendet for his past self.
and some ather stuffBoo hoo! .

well its theory and only one not named octoped can explained thinks(i dont think he will)
“Well, that’s hardly his fault,” Merlin replied, slightly surprised by his own almost defensive tone. “He was designed as a fire control system, and the Navy didn’t want its weapons systems to have too much imagination.”
Offline Tizzy  
#20 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2019 10:09:49 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm,

Well, I can hint that there is more going on than meets the eye in Etterdam.

If you are looking for climactic events, I might suggest looking there, although in part that's because that is where they last occurred, but as we shall see in Book IV, Etterdam has lots of questions.

Tizzy