The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
7 Pages«<4567>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#101 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 10:54:43 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Yoroshiku Sanzuke Go to Quoted Post

During the day though, his human metabolism is through the roof. Though no where near as bad as another character from a series called The Demon Accords.
He's a God touched Exorcist (God as in the one-and-only big guy up stairs) who gets infected with a vampire virus but doesn't turn then gets dosed with a shot of demon blood. Not good. Well, at first. It just ends up turning him into more of a bad ass.
The need to eat though. If he doesn't and he's in a fight, burning calories, he starts to waste away in front of their eyes. One of his weaknesses he has to overcome. When he eats, he gets a lot of strange looks. (This series is also on the list with 15 book so far)

I've read that series. I believe that's the Demiurge.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#102 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:11:06 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post

I've read that series. I believe that's the Demiurge.

Do you mean
Originally Posted by: Yoroshiku Sanzuke Go to Quoted Post

(God as in the one-and-only big guy up stairs)

is the Demi-Urge, or do you mean the Exorcist D'Vampire?

It's really not that hard to tell if someone is the Demi-Urge, at least if you run into him in person. He generally always looks the same.

Old white human male, with a seriously disproportionately large head (go figure), with even bigger "bushy" hair and beard that appear to be perpetually on fire.

In fact, on first sight, many people confuse him for a burning bush.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#103 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 2:42:39 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post

is the Demi-Urge, or do you mean the Exorcist D'Vampire?

It's really not that hard to tell if someone is the Demi-Urge, at least if you run into him in person. He generally always looks the same.

Old white human male, with a seriously disproportionately large head (go figure), with even bigger "bushy" hair and beard that appear to be perpetually on fire.

In fact, on first sight, many people confuse him for a burning bush.

That's him! I remembered someone mentioning him in one of the books. He's real big on a lot of the low-mana Earths.

And...Exorcist...D'Vampire?

Edited by user Saturday, November 16, 2019 2:43:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#104 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 6:11:19 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post

That's him! I remembered someone mentioning him in one of the books. He's real big on a lot of the low-mana Earths.

And...Exorcist...D'Vampire?

Well, according to Sam, it's more egg then chicken...

Worlds/Earths where he is really big are low on mana. This is because his priests spend all possible time converting people, conducting worship services and sucking up all the mana--and yet never return any--very stingy about healing and other support services.

Even crazier, he creates splinter religions that pretend to compete with each other, this competition spurs the priests to hoover up even more mana.

Offline Korwin  
#105 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 2:11:14 PM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
How does a d'Vampire look? Still Antima based?
Offline Tizzy  
#106 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 4:56:25 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

That's a very good question.

I am guessing rather sickly.

Vampires don't depolarize here, but they do generally feel quite sick.

Not sure what a d'Vampire would be like.

On the other hand, dhampires do fine down here. Well, other than falling of their D'Wargs way too often. But I think Rhede learned his lesson and won't fall off again.
Offline Iume  
#107 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 8:01:48 PM(UTC)
Iume

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Vampires don't depolarize here, but they do generally feel quite sick.

This leads to an interesting thought. What causes them to polarize when they travel from the Abyss to another plane? For example, does a demon become an antimus-based being if they go from Abyss to an antimus-based realm. If demons live in the Abyss are they naturally non-polarized and take on the polarization of the world to which they are summoned?
Offline Tizzy  
#108 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:37:31 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

That's a good question and it applies to avatars as well.

Remember avatars and demons, by default have what we call animus-body's, that look and act exactly like real bodies, but aren't. There are some definite nuances and a lot depends on the age of the avatar/demon as well.

We are pretty much agnostic to animus-antimus, it all looks the same to us, so when we go to a world, our polarization flips to align with it, and don't notice anything. Maybe a tingle, but since we aren't polarized in the Abyss, no matter what polarization world we go to, it's the same.

Now, that being said. We can also "incarnate" Antefalken did this once, he's mentioned it a couple places. It was reward he got from an archdemon for a good ballad. In his case, he incarnated as a human baby and lived an entire human life (a long one) as a mortal, but with his own memories, self etc. That's where all that stuff in Northern Norelon came from that's named after him. He was a famous human bard in Astlan (but after he first became a demon)

Similarly, in the book II, Beragamos has trouble getting through Lenamare's wards, so he has to incarnate--he incarnates a real material body that looks his own age. But it is a real body that eats/poops/sleeps. He astrally projects into it, and out of it. He has to secure it when he goes back to Tierhallon (it goes to sleep). It had been staying with Daniel in Freehold, but is now holed up in the Citadel of Light.

That's a real body, made from matter and animus of a (so called--because it's arbitrary) positive world. Hilda has a mana body (and was able to make it through the wards because she's a saint vs avatar--and this is one of those nuances I mentioned--avatars, saints, demons, demon princes, gods and a few others---not all immortals are identical in nature--but this probably won't be discussed until book V or so)

If that body went to a negative world, it would start to decay very quickly and he'd need to replenish it with flesh, not unlike a ghoul--actually very much like a ghoul--but there is another term for this and I forget it at the moment. It hasn't been mentioned as it doesn't come up that often and most people don't realize such a being is something different.

Anyway, that being said, in the case of Beragamos, he's more than powerful enough that in the new world, he could "cure" or reallign his material body and fix the issue. An average plane traveller would not be so lucky. Of course, if Beragamos returned to Astlan, he'd need to "cure" his body again the other way.

Offline Korwin  
#109 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:36:57 AM(UTC)
Korwin

What???
I was under the impression, Demons and Antimus dont mix. Why is the Abyss bad for Antimus again?

Why did'nt Orcus forcefully flip to an Antimus based body in the big battle in the past?

Confused....
Offline Tizzy  
#110 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 4:06:45 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

The Abyss is not polarized at all in terms of Animus/Antimus.

When a creature that is antimus based is bound to animatter, or vice versa animus bound to antimatter (not exact word) and go to the Abyss, the polarization is lost and all the wacky bindings they use don't work right because they depend on the opposing polarization between the animus-based matter and the antimus based spirit.

The polarization gets lost/surpressed in the Abyss and the creature's metabolism is thrown off balance, it returns when they return to their "original plane"

So what this means is that:

Ghouls get cured, they are just people infected with the other polarization.

Zombies are reanimated flesh of one polarization bound to a spirit with the wrong polarization (this happens because of the way necromantic spells work--even if the spirit was positive to begin with, the necromancy requires them to be reverse polarized in order to bind to their dead flesh--it's a way of cheating natural death--very long story in terms of details)

If they stay long enough, they are goners, otherwise they just get very sick.

Vampires are similar, but better integrated. They will get very sick and weak, but won't die.

Dhampires, being half normal mortal and half vampire are even better integrated. They don't seem to have any problem that I can see. At least my dhampire buddy hasn't complained. Or, at least, not about that.

Liches are more like zombies, but their core spirit is usually somewhere else, e.g. back on on their home plane in a phylactery, so their possessed body gets very sick, but their core spirit is OK.

Etc.

Offline Iume  
#111 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:19:05 PM(UTC)
Iume

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
This seems problematic. The gods' outer realms have been mentioned to be anchored to the various material planes of their worshipers implying that their polarization is the same as their worshippers' worlds. Or are they neutral like the Abyss?

If the outer realm is polarized then are the gods as well with only demons being truly neutral? Or perhaps, does the outer realm neutralize this and the gods can worshippers from both realms? Or do they pay for two realms with each having a specific polarization?
Offline Tizzy  
#112 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:52:32 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

So...we are getting out of my paygrade...talking about the outer realms.

And we are getting into Book IV territory, in which we deal exactly (or sortofly) with this sort of thing.

The key point is that the Outer Realms are immaterial reflections of the prime material plane. Notice how people keep talking about Refleca glasses etc.?

Refleca is not real matter, it is "reflected matter" and so, you only need one physical item, and those who know how to do so (and have the mana) can generate as many "reflections" of that object as they wish. [So, in "heaven" everyone gets their Precious]

The key piece, and this is discussed both by me in the Abyss, with Rede, and by Sir Stainsberry to Talarius....physical matter cannot exist in the outer planes, it's a purely spiritual plane--except for things like refleca--anyway, above my paygrade and time to type....

Physical matter can only exist in the Outer Planes if it is wrapped in a "bubble" a pocket dimension, not unlike a Bag of Safekeeping--except--maybe--a lot more.

So, recall in Book III, when Tom retrieve's Excrathadorus Mortis from Tierhallon? He had to find it "inside one of these bubbles" which I believe was mentioned by a couple people.

This bubble can be positive or negative, depending on who makes it.

The point being, the Outer Planes are pure spirit, and it's neutral, since the polarization is a function of the material plane (which is why the Abyss, and Outer Planes are not polarized).

Why The Abyss screws over undead is because, unlike the Outer Planes, you can physically transport matter into the Abyss.

When a demon fades in and out, they are astrally traveling. But when Tom opens a portal or Exador an Abyssal Switch, physical matter is transported to the Abyss.

And it's the BINDINGS of matter and spirit that get screwed up by the de-polarization. Pure spirit would be fine, you could astrally travel to the Abyss from any positive or negative material plane and be fine, if you were, say, a "material girl" You just don't want to go there if you are mixed animus and animus-generated matter.

Does this make sense...

Edited by user Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:06:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Korwin  
#113 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 12:59:09 PM(UTC)
Korwin

I still dont get it...

So if I got you right, you said Demons are not Anima or Antima based???
Is that correct or not?

If correct? Why was Antimus able to hurt Tom and Orcus before?
At best it should have pushed him into an incorporeal form, who could get off plane (if his true form is not Animus based?)

Or where you only talking about the Abyss himself and there are Antimus based Demons in the Abyss?
And Tom/Orcus happens to be Animus based Demons...?
Offline Tizzy  
#114 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 2:48:53 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Ah, I think I may see your confusion.

You are thinking about the original magical nature of EM and the inky blackness inside the giants as antimus, yes?

In hindsight, T-A-G was very sloppy to allow that confusion. Shame on him.

It gets complicated, and things are different for animana bodies or whatever you want to call what demons and avatars have and their corporal forms but...simplest answer is this.

The Abyss and Outer Planes are not affected by what Egary Gygax called the Positive and Negative Planes, or the polarizing forces of both animus and matter. Producing animus and antimus and matter and antimatter.

So, in those planes, polarization just doesn't exist and all animus is animus and matter is matter, except there is no matter in the Outer Planes and the Abyss is--difficult to reconcile.

However, when an immortal spirit in a mana body as we sort of call them--our true forms---travel to a material plane, our animus takes on the polarization of that plane, so anything that antimus on that plane is antimus to us as well because we don't come into the plane "the wrong way"

See, it's that "wrong way" that creates the problem. In theory, one should never ever see "antimus" in any plane (regardless of polarization) it doesn't show up there "naturally" by which I mean the normal order of physics for the majority of material planes.

However, certain individuals (loosely called necromancers or necromasters) can do things (usually cast spells) that brings it into the plane, and when it does, it has certain benefits, i.e. it is easier to bond the antimus version of someone's spirit to its dead body, or some other dead body than doing it the "right way" (Resurrection)

It's the act of necromancy (on a magical world) that twists what might otherwise be neutral or same polarization animus in such away as to reverse its polarization and thus they can bind it to the dead flesh.

The point is, someone or something is expending mana to turn animus into antimus in a given plane so that it keeps dead bodies alive.

I.e. I use necromancy to resurrect your grandfather's corpse. Say with his soul. He wasn't antimus in his real life, but in order to bring him back and bind him to his flesh, I have to "make him antimus"

It is not a natural state, it's a twisted or "skew" state of animus within that particular material plane.

As far as soul sucking swords and such? That is a higher level of necromancy, and it comes from the skewing---but what's happening there is that raw negative material energy and antimus are coming in direct contact with animus unshielded, and the animus and equivalent antimus are destroyed like matter and antimatter colliding.

Again, it's a very artifical magical thing and some "evil" types really like creating such nasty things.

What Tom was seeing inside the giants was basically a necromantic antimus field shielded by flesh, surrounding the animus core of the giants. They were basically prisoners inside their own "negatively animated" bodies. I.e. there was an antimus spirit controlling their bodies (like a corpse with someone else's soul) and they were trapped inside.

Does this make sense or just add to the confusion?

You know which one I am hoping for? Yes? Dancing

Tizzy

Edited by user Monday, November 25, 2019 2:52:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Korwin  
#115 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:14:23 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Hopefully this will be clearer in Book IV, with an little more coherent narrator... Flapper

At the moment it feels like overly complicated word building... Huh

Before your 'explanation' I saw Animus as Spirit equivalent of Matter and Antimus as Spirit equivalent of Anti-Matter. With Necromancers playing with Anti-Matter via magic (like an Antimatter Reactor with technology).
And it made sense, that Anti-Matter destroys Matter and vise versa...

Edited by user Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:15:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#116 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:58:13 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yes, all true.

Think of "soul sucking" devices as animus, antimus reactors then. Of course, your next question will be, what is the product of that reaction? And where does it go?

And that's a good question, but one I am not yet willing to answer, because that might explain too much of what happened Orcus' death.

So the point is, still the same. You have to do something to bring antimatter into a matter universe, at least in any macroscopically measured quantity. Have you ever seen an antimatter chair?

Well, a zombie is a chair worth of antimus in comparison.

The little bits we get in particle collisions and such is just floating around for exceptionally brief periods of time that no normal human can detect.

Same for antimus leakage.

Offline The Complex Cube  
#117 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 11:06:27 PM(UTC)
The Complex Cube

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I would like to sign up as a beta demon, please. It's my all-time favorite series and would like to take part in the beta-demonization.
Offline scweeb  
#118 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 11:21:30 PM(UTC)
scweeb

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Unverified Users

Would like to participate again in the beta if it's going on.
Offline Tizzy  
#119 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:48:08 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

It's going to happen...it's just a question of "when"

I, along with everyone else, am impatiently waiting on T-A-G!

Cursing
thanks 2 users thanked Tizzy for this useful post.
The Complex Cube on 12/9/2019(UTC), Grant on 2/17/2020(UTC)
Offline Kitarin  
#120 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2021 3:09:11 PM(UTC)
Kitarin

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I would very much like to be a beta demon for Book 3 also, which I have been reliably informed is tentatively called Doom's Day.