The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
6 Pages«<3456>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#81 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 7:21:42 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Cool.

When the beta is about to start, T-A-G will post a link, and email everyone that has posted in this forum about it.

Anyone who clicks on the link will be magically transformed into a beta demon with betademonsight. Betademonsight allows one to see otherwise invisible forums and links on this website. There beta demons will be able to download a beta copy to read/review and comment on in the beta forums.

Be sure and read the current forum visible to everyone about the dangers of being a beta demon. Beta demons are able to alternate versions of reality, things that might never be and have the power to influence those maybe-verses. It's like reality sausage making.

Tizzy
Offline Lunarmage  
#82 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 11:28:51 PM(UTC)
Lunarmage

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

This wanna-be demon in training wants in on the beta reads as well. I need all the OJT I can get to grow up to be a good (evil?) demon like Tizzy.
Offline Tizzy  
#83 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2018 8:34:18 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Ahh, it's good to see young people, sub-millenials (meaning people under 1,000 years old) who have goals and aspirations and strive to follow role models.

Even a lot of millenials, people in their early 1,000's, have few goals or plans for the rest of eternity.

Boggy, of course, is an exception, he approached me early on with various business proposals that have all been quite fun.

I am glad to see that you are also an exception. It gives me hope for the next million years or so.

Tizzy
Offline The Man from Alamo  
#84 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 9:21:50 PM(UTC)
The Man from Alamo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Again, I may be repeating myself, but I want in the beta for all three upcoming books. So, please add me to the beta when it goes live.Pray
Offline Tizzy  
#85 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 11:20:46 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

And now you've got me doing it, repeating myself, that is.

But on the other hand, I can't think of anyone I want to repeat more than myself, so this is a good thing.

Tizzy

Sounds good.

As the beta's draw near (within a week or two of them) T-A-G will harvest all the names oe people who've posted in the appropriate forums for each book and email them and let them know.

There will also be an announcement in the forums, and in all cases a magical link, that when clicked will bestow Beta Demon powers on the clicker, allowing them to see certain alternate timelines, realities and possible futures.
Offline Daoist AllBright  
#86 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10:53:26 PM(UTC)
Daoist AllBright

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

Please add me as well. I've been lurking like a shadow demon in this forum. It's hard for me to come into the light like this, but please please, for the all fathers sake please add me. Otherwise ...insert evil action... will be committed upon you in front of your children
Offline Tizzy  
#87 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 1:37:16 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

I understand, but carefully exercising, pushing against the light--that's how you get stronger.

Sure, it may take you a few thousand, or ten thousand, or hundred thousand years, but eventually you'll expand your cool darkness and be a giant shadow like Morthador capable of darkening an entire city in the middle of the day!
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#88 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 1:44:06 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Why would you want darkness when you could have awesome, slick, gelatin?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#89 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:37:52 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Darkness is cool, I thought gelatin liked to stay cool?

So Darkness should be your friend? Maybe it's just me but I only meet gelatinous cubes in deep dark dungeons...

Seems to me that a Shadow demon would be great for a gelatinous cube that wanted to move to a different dungeon.

Although, given your speed, it would probably need to be a very powerful shadow to keep you dark and cool all day, and the next, and next, and next, and...

I also don't see a lot of gelatinous cubes in theAbyss. Which is one reason I think they like coolness (not cold like on the mountain tops where their is liquid nitrogen snow)

Now, I'm not saying there aren't any D'Jellos, but...I just haven't yet met any.

I assume a D'Jello's hooves, horns and wings would also be made of gelatin, so it could be interesting (and very messy) to watch them flap their wings as they fly.

Since they would regenerate any wing jello that flew off would come back pretty quick...so really very messy.

Edited by user Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:38:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#90 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 5:22:09 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well, there are stories of Fiendish Cubes, but I've never met one. Don't know about the wings. I'm not even sure they'd HAVE wings. Maybe one day I'll get "D"ed and we'll find out.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline The Author Guy  
#91 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 7:49:52 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
You could follow Tizzy around and ingest his cookie crumbs and maybe get seen by a wizard...
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#92 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 7:58:33 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

I'll pass on that. Wizards are jerks.

Besides, it's still unknown if I even have a soul.

Edited by user Saturday, January 5, 2019 8:00:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#93 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 3:02:01 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Assuming you have animus (or antimus), and are sentient--and you do seem to be sentient...then you have a soul.

The only way you can be sentient and not have a soul is if you an A.I. so, mabye a plant based AI could still fit the bill of having animus, but no soul, but that's about it.
Offline Korwin  
#94 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 8:06:53 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hmm, Talarions Sword? Rhuiden
Offline Tizzy  
#95 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 10:12:42 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I believe that is mentioned here on the website.

Will have to check to see if the section on intelligent arcane devices has been posted.

"Sentient Arcane Devices" are of two types, AI's and then devices with spirit's attached (using anima jars).

Ruiden has a soul, you can see it if you look. However, his rather bright mana aura tends to obscure it, so you might not have noticed it.

One of the reason's it's nice to quench a new blade in Newborn's blood is to vacuum up the soul into the sword so you have an intelligent sword etc. Not saying that's how Ruiden was made...wasn't there at the time, but it is common.

You can also just collect a lot of animus and let it gradually form sentience over time and ingestion of mana. Best way to know which is if the devices goes for thoussand years before suddenly talking or indicating sentience, or if it's starts bitching at you very shortly after it's made (if an adult soul is used). Those tend to be very cranky. If they were newborns, you usually notice sentience after a hundred or two years.

There is a being called the Mobius Magi that has been (or will be mentioned, don't recall which) mentioned. And he/it is a crown at various times--including a crown that wears himself--or a himself that wears the crown...or something. He will show up in Seas of Astlan, assuming that series (the adventures of Captain Asmeth) gets written. T-A-G is so freaking slow!

Offline Tizzy  
#96 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 10:14:48 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

So golems are discussed, the process is not that different for other arcane devices as for creating a golem and imbuing it with a spirit.
Offline GameGraphix  
#97 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 12:29:39 AM(UTC)
GameGraphix

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Darkness is cool, I thought gelatin liked to stay cool?

So Darkness should be your friend? Maybe it's just me but I only meet gelatinous cubes in deep dark dungeons...

Seems to me that a Shadow demon would be great for a gelatinous cube that wanted to move to a different dungeon.

Although, given your speed, it would probably need to be a very powerful shadow to keep you dark and cool all day, and the next, and next, and next, and...

I also don't see a lot of gelatinous cubes in theAbyss. Which is one reason I think they like coolness (not cold like on the mountain tops where their is liquid nitrogen snow)

Now, I'm not saying there aren't any D'Jellos, but...I just haven't yet met any.

I assume a D'Jello's hooves, horns and wings would also be made of gelatin, so it could be interesting (and very messy) to watch them flap their wings as they fly.

Since they would regenerate any wing jello that flew off would come back pretty quick...so really very messy.

I don't think the D'Jellos are in the Abyss any more....didn't they appear in that movie as extras and not return????

Offline Tizzy  
#98 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 1:15:34 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Eeeeek!

They escaped! Or someone summoned them.

They are much more active than your average gelatinous cube! Clearly a sign of demonic power!

Applause
Offline Korwin  
#99 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 11:54:05 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Just to be shure, I did not miss any beta E-Mail, correct?
Offline Tizzy  
#100 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:53:03 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Nope.

T-A-G is still out to lunch. Although he is at least typing again. I would say "writing" is still too strong a term, not until I have an opportunity to read what he is typing.

His fall was horrible, he had like a bajillion tiny excuses about family in hospital with cancer, hackers running rampant over his client and destroying months and months of his work.

You know trivial details that are just sad excuses for not writing.