The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:36:39 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
T-A-G left the room to cook is "frozen pizza"--seriously? It's not even DiGiornos...what the heck The Hut too upscale?

He forgot to lock his screen, so of course, I had to look around, check his progress.

So Tantor wanted a preliminary blurb for COA and OOA and T-A-G had to send them something.

So I thought I would share it with you. I am thinking it's a good way to keep pressure on him.

I will post each in their own forum.

Oak Orks of the Antilles: Into the Night
The current tour of duty for Leftenant Trig Bioblast, Second Shaman of the OCSS Skull Crusher, had been completely routine, and, disappointingly, uneventful. However, this was to be expected for the job of second shaman on one of the mightiest cruiser class vessels to ever patrol the Antilles Cluster keeping the Peace of the Gormegast Horde Eternal. The days of revolution, when the horde had thrown off the tyrannical oppression of the human and elven corporations were a distant five hundred galactic years in the past.

Today, there was very little in the cluster that could significantly challenge an Oak Clan Star Ship, nor, admittedly any other clan cruiser in the horde. Sure, there were minor skirmishes with pirates, brigands and spy vessels that had to be vaporized. There were also the odd planetary disputes to be settled, generally with local in-fighting on those worlds; but never anything that a few dropships with squads of heavily armored Oak Marines couldn’t “resolve.” The last battle that had actually required the Skull Crusher to marshal her full might had been with a squid ship, nearly four GY ago, well before Trig had joined the ship.

All of which made today, much more interesting. While on duty, Trig had received an Automated Ӕthereal Message from the OCSS Bone Wracker; and while there was nothing unusual in getting a message from another clan cruiser, this one was a Call-To-Arms. An extremely rare type of message that was only issued when a ship encountered a situation that was beyond the capabilities of a single OCSS. Further, and more troubling, he had tried repeatedly to hail the other shaman, and gotten no response. That was completely out of protocol and could only mean something had happened to the shamans aboard the ship.

Of course, the truly exciting news was that his superior, Thargus, was temporarily incapacitated, making Trig the acting First Shaman, giving him a front row seat to the investigation as part of the First Away Team. It appeared that, at long last, his on-duty life would get exciting enough to distract him from his off-duty life.

His off-duty time had been a bit more than interesting. It had, in all honesty, been completely bizarre. About two Galactic Weeks ago, a long dormant shaman stone passed down his family tree for thousands of years had suddenly become active much to Trig’s surprise. Upon examining the stone, he’d discovered that it was linked to another stone—in a different universe, beyond the Astral Plane. And the people who had activated the stone? Well, they were an ancient army of mythological immortal warriors that his grandfather claimed had once ruled a vast Multiversal Empire, but then vanished for no known reason.

It seemed that these, no longer quite so mythological beings wanted Trig, by heredity and as the owner of the stone, to join them and assist in their ‘Restoration of Glory.’ He wasn’t exactly sure what that meant, but he was more than a little concerned that doing so might be a conflict of interest with his allegiance to the horde.

A worthy adversary for their ship and a heated battle or two should serve to keep his mind off his mythological being problem.
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 2:02:16 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
AGAIN, YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN! *grumbles in a corner* I should have known you were going to use torture, but for this? this is evil.
Offline Tizzy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 2:08:15 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well, I am a demon after all! Bwah hah hah hah!
Offline MtSharky  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 10:19:31 PM(UTC)
MtSharky

Is Tantor like a Titan in the basement that you need to appease to keep it asleep?
Offline Tizzy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2018 10:32:25 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

OOH, very good point! I think you've hit on it!

Offline EyeDeKay  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:15:14 AM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Exciting stuff!
Offline Lunarmage  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2018 12:53:02 AM(UTC)
Lunarmage

This fan approves!
Offline Mikey  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:28:18 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Offline The Author Guy  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 12:27:51 AM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
So my first thought looking at the video was "how many youths out there might think this was the Spanish translation of the TV Show Mr Robot"

Having not seen it in a long time, I watched it, and actually really listened to it for probably the first time since it was originally on MTV and realized that, actually, it could be the theme song for Mr Robot and I am now convinced they got the name for the show from the song. It's sort of Elliot's tale in more ways than one.

The next funny part is that while I hadn't really listened to it in decades, I also realized it was on a current Google radio station I've been listening to this week. I have it on as background and really never noticed the song playing other than the I am kilroy phrase, which I've heard about four or five times in the last couple days....

Weird....
Offline Mikey  
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 1:19:31 AM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

You listen to the same songs on a loop? Weird. But then again, sometimes I notice that it's been years since I've listened to music, and never noticed.

Anyway, this is the song that came to mind from this blurb. Maybe because I associate Warhammer with the 80s when I played pen and paper games.
Offline The Author Guy  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 1:39:53 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Not exactly, I listen to either Pandora or Google Play Radio stations. All of them have a limited play list per genre/topic/style whatever. Like a top 40 radio station actually. So if you don't change the channel fairly often you start hearing the same songs come up again, albeit in a different order.

I tend to play these stations continuously as background music while I work, and I choose them based on mood/desired mood and tempo for what I'm doing: energizing, relaxing, feel good, nostalgia or when writing battle scenes either stirring classical, or exciting movie scores etc. I don't generally pay attention to the words, it's more the ambient mental state they help achieve. Which is why if I hadn't reheard the "I am kilroy" in the video above, I would have told you I hadn't heard Mr Roboto in a decade or more, but it turns out, I had very recently, several times. The only thing I remember hearing was that phrase.

But, actually, as a kid, I didn't have a lot of money so I had very few albums or cassettes so I would listen to them over and over again, just like I read the same books over and over again because I either couldn't find or afford new ones. Although I had a couple orders of magnitude more books than albums. 90% of my "revenue" (meaning allowance and lunch money--never ate lunch, pocketed the cash) went to books.

Offline Mikey  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 1:23:59 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Speaking of Warhammer 40k, we've just had the worst birch pollen week of the century, so I've bought and worn a 3M 4255 mask around the house, just to deal with that.

UserPostedImage
Offline The Author Guy  
#13 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 2:32:53 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Seems to be a very allergenic spring all over. I've seen numerous people around here with swollen red eyes, pale complexions and funny sounding speech. I think they are having allergy problems, or maybe they're zombies, not sure.

We've been having a lot of fake spring type weather warms up, cools down, warms up, cools down. Think that sends plants into overdrive or something.

Looks like that would really be good idea for flu season as well.
Offline The Man from Alamo  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 9:25:13 PM(UTC)
The Man from Alamo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Again, I may be repeating myself, but I want in the beta for all three upcoming books. So, please add me to the beta when it goes live.Pray Yes, I copied this one from CoA forum post.[;-)
Offline Tizzy  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 11:21:41 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

There you go, you got me doing it, yet again!

d'oh!

And now you've got me doing it, repeating myself, that is.

But on the other hand, I can't think of anyone I want to repeat more than myself, so this is a good thing.

Tizzy

Sounds good.

As the beta's draw near (within a week or two of them) T-A-G will harvest all the names oe people who've posted in the appropriate forums for each book and email them and let them know.

There will also be an announcement in the forums, and in all cases a magical link, that when clicked will bestow Beta Demon powers on the clicker, allowing them to see certain alternate timelines, realities and possible futures.
Offline JMX  
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 12:32:32 PM(UTC)
JMX

That’s good stuff.
Offline N718  
#17 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 1:09:20 AM(UTC)
N718

I would also like to be added to the beta list
Offline Vulcron von Islingr  
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2019 2:40:43 AM(UTC)
Vulcron von Islingr

I have posted an urgent request to be beta-demonized in all 3 forums, just to be safe.
Offline Tizzy  
#19 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2019 2:47:56 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm, missing 1 of the three...

Don't worry, nothing has started yet, despite my best hopes and dreams.

These are just the pre-signup groups so that T-A-G can collect the emails and notify people when it starts.

Offline TankThing  
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2019 11:01:50 PM(UTC)
TankThing

Very interested in being in the beta for this one too.