The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Purupururin  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 7:44:38 AM(UTC)
Purupururin

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

I really enjoyed book 1, got a bit lost in book 2, and skim read book 3. Continuing the trend, I would likely not pick up book 4.

However, I bought the audiobook for 1 & 2 and found it much easier to follow. I hope book 3 and 4 will be released in audio too.

Please keep us updated! :-)
Offline Tizzy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 3:06:09 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Lots of people have really enjoyed the audio book. Stephen does a really good job!

Book 3 is being recorded now, and book 4 is under contract for audio and will be out shortly after book 4 is released.
Offline smw  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 8:42:53 PM(UTC)
smw

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I hate to be that guy, but any ETA on Book 4 beta?
Offline Tizzy  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 12:46:31 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

If you are "That Guy" are you dating "That Girl" Marlo Thomas? Pretty sure she's currently married to Phil Donahue. Tsk Tsk Tsk But she is still a young thing at only 79. I'd date her, but that would be some serious cradle robbing on my part.

Stephen should be wrappinng up or maybe wrapped up the first round. It then goes to editors who work on it, maybe have him redo a few parts etc.

The first book took 3 months, the second, which was submitted at the same time came out a month behind. I would thus expect about 3 months from when T-A-G sent them the book.

They have not, however, asked for the cover art yet. One would presume they are getting close when they ask for that. I have hacked T-A-G's email account so if they ask for it, I'll notify everyone.
Offline Tizzy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 3:35:13 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Speaking of Sammael,

Yesterday, the day after my last post on this topic, T-A-G's editor at Tantor asked for the cover art. As I said, I have hacked and am able to view his email so I was alerted.

He asked her what the tentative release date was, she said the current plan was for 10/3/17.

So, a bit later than we hoped, but it is a big and complex book, and the editors need time to review all the narration and make sure it's correct.

I tried to post this yesterday as soon as I found out, but my AOL dial up connection went down (again). Cursing It is very frustrating but given the extremely long phone line between my cave and the telephone switching station in the Courts of Chaos, not to mention their very long phone cable to Earth, this stuff happens all too frequently. Sad

I really wish we had 4G or higher in the Abyss for cellular data, but cell phone towers are few and far between. And unfortunately, there is no way of converting bytes into something that can be sent by mirror, at least that I know of.

Offline The Author Guy  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 10:45:08 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Just got word from Stephen (the narrator) that all his recordings and edits are done, so just now wrapped up.

Very long book with lots of characters and action, so quite challenging.

As mentioned Tantor is targeting 10/3 for release.

Given they have to upload/sync/whatever with Audible/etc I think we should be on target for this release date.

Jerry
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 11:16:53 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Yay! We get to give you more money!

Oh frabjous day!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline The Author Guy  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 10:32:46 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

The Audible for Vol. III Apostles of Doom is now available!

I expect Whispersync & discounted kindle ebook owner pricing to be available in the next few days!
Offline Tizzy  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 10:34:55 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, technically, the pre-order is live now, for midnight tonight.

Tsk, tsk, Premature audulation!

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 2:51:08 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
United States

Just finished re-re-listening to all three books. Wow, does Stephen do an excellent job! I can't wait to buy both Kindle and Audio versions of Book 4! Maybe next I'll re-re-re-read all three books!

Pods, I'm such a glutton for punishment. If I didn't know better, I'd think I was a masochist.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 1:52:51 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Pods--psuedo, or --air?

Are air-pods powerful enough to make you wiggle?

For TV, I assume you just engulf a surround sound system with subwoofer.

That would be a lot of fun!
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2020 7:56:49 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

United States

Hmm. Listening from the inside? That would be interesting. Never tried it for obvious reasons. I'm not made of dielectric material.

And I said pods as a general curse. I've noticed most beings call upon higher planar beings (and their anatomical parts) as curses or exclamations. "Lillith's teats!", "Gods!", etc. Since there's not Gelatinous Cube god (at least not one that wants to be acknowledged), I've been trying out other exclamations. Ah! I've got it, EXCRETIONS! I mean, I don't shit, so I can't use that. Pods is like a demon yelling out "hands!", doesn't make much sense. <jiggle juggle> language is awkward.

Edited by user Thursday, March 12, 2020 8:02:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2021 12:53:42 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

United States

You know, every time I re-listen to the audiobooks, I get a new appreciation for Stephen's skills. Especially when he's doing all the sound effects. LOL I really hope he's available to do Book 4 when it gets released.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline The Author Guy  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2021 9:50:52 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

He's great.

At the moment I am just hoping his schedule is free enough for OOA:ITN

I'm about to send the manuscript off to Tantor this week, once I am sure I have no more last minute changes.