The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 2, 2017 5:40:54 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Does anybody else have this? I've been enjoying it quite a lot and was kind of looking for people to join me if they have it, or buy it if it sounds interesting to them, it's an Action RPG with some industrial revolution/steampunk stuff (IE armored Motorized vehicles broken down across the map, Cannons, Firearms, stuff like that.) Set in a world where an event they call "The Grim Dawn" happens, Aetherial beings invade and start taking over people and creating aetherial undead hordes as their soldiers( basically think of it as if the servants of the gods got mistreated and then thrown into the Aether once they were done with them, naturally they're pissed) and at the same time Blood Cultists following a Mad God are draining people of their blood and summoning Ch'thonic Horrors(you find out that these two groups have been clashing with each other a lot longer than before this). While that's happening and the empire this started in is collapsing all around, Eldritch powers are afoot, Cursed undead from centuries before stir, monstrous primordial beasts flood the land, and all manner of things fly out of the woodwork, so yeah shit is indeed going down.
Offline Tizzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 2, 2017 7:59:52 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Hmm, wonder what gave them the idea for the title.

That does sound like a cool game...of course, multiplayer interactive gameplay is not great here in the Abyss, that AOL dialup of mine is a bit slow...
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 2, 2017 10:18:17 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Maybe you should recommend they upgrade to Multi-planar Fibrous Optic Wiring? Nigh Indestructible and maximum Data Throughput levels that would make the Drej Jealous. Only downsize is depending on the length of cable you need it could end up costing the combined monetary value of an entire Planet.
Offline Tizzy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 2, 2017 10:21:04 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Yeah, pretty sure it would be a very long cable, although, I guess no longer than the phone lines. Of course, those only have to reach AOL's headquarters in the Courts of Chaos. I'm not exactly sure how AOL gets from the Abyss to the rest of the multiverse. It's all technology to me!

Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 3:08:47 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

You could probably take a significant shortcut if you ran them through Tom's Mount Doom Network, i mean if they can take people through at will i don't see why not a cable, would probably even be able to get away with regular ass CAT7 cables, you can grab more than enough of that and all for a bag of gems. Really cheap.
Offline Tizzy  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 11:03:33 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Good idea, I'll have them fire up Earth's Doom.

If you have any relatives in Auckland New Zealand, you might want to warn them to leave...
Offline Korwin  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 9:43:07 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Good idea, I'll have them fire up Earth's Doom.
In what book will this happen?

Offline Tizzy  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 3:52:33 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, it took a while to find the right ISP for that region, but I've got them scheduled, they got me a delivery date with a two thousand year window, so I am going to have to sit here and wait for them to show up.
Offline Korwin  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 10:01:11 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well, it took a while to find the right ISP for that region, but I've got them scheduled, they got me a delivery date with a two thousand year window, so I am going to have to sit here and wait for them to show up.

Nono, I was talking about firing up Doom on Earth, not your Internet.
But you might like Path of Exile, if you like Grim Dawn.
Offline Tizzy  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:39:14 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yeah, I have proposed it, but T-A-G is objecting.

Apparently, tracking his Amazon sales and this website, he has several readers in New Zealand, and Auckland in particular.

He's concerned that starting up Doom, and in fact, the Doom System there, would cause wide spread destruction. That particular Doom has a LOT of satellite vents/domes. And silly humans built their city right in the middle of the Doom System!

Now of course, I don't mind, but apparently there is at least one beta-demon there and he'd like me to wait until he's done with all the books...doesn't want to risk losing a valuable resource.

I get that, I suppose.
Offline Korwin  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 9:09:07 AM(UTC)
Korwin

he'd like me to wait until he's done with all the books...
Since the original question was, in what book it will happen.... This mean in none?

This begs the question, is the Earth where the books get published, the same Earth from which Tom comes.
Could Toms mother read about her son? If not, he could open the Doomaloge on his Home-Earth and the Beta-Reader will be safe.

Offline Tizzy  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 3:35:06 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yes, Tom is from this Earth, where the books are published and where T-A-G lives.

We call this localverse Earth-Prime. It's the one that most of the demons come from. And where Sammael spends a good bit of time, and to which a certain archdemon from the Courts just moved to full time.

There are other Earths (as mentioned in Book 1, a lot of places name their planet "dirt") for example there's a whole (very large) set of Amber-Earths that may get a shout out in book 4. They are all mirror's of a place called Amber and they mostly call themselves Earth, with some exceptions.

Offline Korwin  
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 9:02:08 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Yes, Tom is from this Earth, where the books are published and where T-A-G lives.

We call this localverse Earth-Prime. It's the one that most of the demons come from. And where Sammael spends a good bit of time, and to which a certain archdemon from the Courts just moved to full time.

There are other Earths (as mentioned in Book 1, a lot of places name their planet "dirt") for example there's a whole (very large) set of Amber-Earths that may get a shout out in book 4. They are all mirror's of a place called Amber and they mostly call themselves Earth, with some exceptions.

Sweet, Amber means Merle and Corwin are around somewhere.

Are the Knights of Chaos from the Courts of Chaos (where Merle is King)?
I assumed from their description that they where from the Eternal Champion part of the multiverse.
Offline Tizzy  
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 5:39:51 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

All the same place, it's a very BIG multiverse.

There is only one multiverse, no such thing as a multi-multiverse.

It's just so big that most people don't know all the various parts or think of them differently.

The Knights are basically freelancers and they tend to serve a variety of Lords of Chaos from all over the multiverse.

I first encountered them in the employ of Arioch (not me, they were being employed by him).

Of course, Lilith uses them too, which is interesting, because Arioch and Lilith despise each other, but that's Chaos for you.

Now, as for Merle etal. You can't imagine the battles before the Tribunal over the copyright on the phrase "Courts of Chaos"

Lilith and her crew claim to copyright it, as does Merle, and if they believed in copyright law, so would Arioch and friends.

Actually none of them really respect much in terms of the law, other than what they hand down themselves. So over time, it's been more of a marketing battle than a legal battle, since none of them want to subject themselves to any other jurisdiction.