The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Korwin  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 7:36:42 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Offline The Author Guy  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 4:06:21 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Can you tell me if this one takes you to the right store?

http://rpbook.co.uk/B015QBDE4G?v=amz

It is supposed to be store independent. Meaning that site will detect your country and send you to the correct store for your country.

I have used that on Facebook, and would like to use it here, but need a way to test it from outside the US (it works for me).

Offline Jol  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 8:24:07 PM(UTC)
Jol

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Quote:

It is supposed to be store independent. Meaning that site will detect your country and send you to the correct store for your country.

I have used that on Facebook, and would like to use it here, but need a way to test it from outside the US (it works for me).

I used it and it wasn't working , but now it does work and it sends me to my local amazon store, which is .fr

Offline Korwin  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 4:16:06 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post

Not working for me (in Austria --> small Country besides Germany, NOT Australia)
Offline Iblees  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 5:03:02 AM(UTC)
Iblees

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I just pre-ordered the book. I'm so happy. I found about the pre order by chance, Amazon should have a feature to inform the people who bought the first book.
Offline The Author Guy  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 4:35:04 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Interesting, the link thing should default to something like amazon.com if your country doesn't have a store, as Austria doesn't.

Although, you do bring up an interesting point Korwin. I would think that coming down out of the Alps, off those really tall mountains, which are apparently alive with the sound of music, the bouncing kangaroos would build up so much momentum they would have trouble stopping and end up in Italy, Hungary or Slovenia. Yet, I googled and neither Italy, Hungary nor Slovenia have kangaroos. Just Austria.

Whistle

iblees: I agree, that would be so useful. It would save authors a lot of effort in getting the word out.
Offline Korwin  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 4:45:22 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post
Interesting, the link thing should default to something like amazon.com if your country doesn't have a store, as Austria doesn't.
Well we use, Amazon.de. (if you type Amazon.at into your browser you get to Amazon.de)
BTW. tried it with the connection from work with the same error...

Offline Napalm222  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 8:33:09 PM(UTC)
Napalm222

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Do you know what time zone it is going to be released in? Think
Offline Tizzy  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 8:53:09 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Hello--it is I Tizzy, I have been trapped in the kitchen baking cookies for like forever!

The release is midnight in your time zone.

It is already alive and for sale in Australia and Japan. It's actually like #41 in Australian Science Fiction & Fantasy! And #14 in AU Fantasy/Epic!

Which is odd because there are no recorded sales in Australia or anywhere.

Apparently pre-order and real sales all magically appear at midnight in the viewers time zone as well.

However, interestingly, pre-orders which don't count as sales show up for rankings...

Anyway, from reports I have spied upon (I have hacked T-A-G's computers) the sales go live at everyone's own midnight (or their stores) and the preorders start downloading then...so typically about 12:05 your time. I think, but Amazon is even more mysterious than Lilith!

Offline Napalm222  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 9:38:26 PM(UTC)
Napalm222

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

That's to bad, I was hoping to pick it up earlier if it came out in a different timezone. Guess i'll waitAnxious
Offline Tizzy  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 10:22:06 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Yeah, I think that used to be possible, but they've gotten quite a bit trickier as time has gone by.

They've gotten particularly stringent with Kindle books; at one point early on you could buy them in other countries stores but they've really tightened that down and made it harder. So at one time you could probably have figured a way to buy it early in Australia, but not any more.

Korwin talks about it in some posts in the forum.